JKOwners Forum banner

Another Red Star give-a-way

4K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  gold knight 
#1 ·
Yep that's right, yet another Red Star give-a-way.

First I am honoring a year membership to Justin (Gear) for his latest barrage of write ups. So I am giving him a membership for that effort. Excellent contributions Justin! :bounce:

But now for the next free one year Red Star memberships.

You must submit a write up in this forum. You must provide a link to your write up in this thread. You have until January 1st or until there are 10 entires per category submitted. The 10 entry limit is because of the 10 item limit on polls. You can submit as many write ups as you want but they must be YOUR material that YOU wrote and can not be copies of someone else's work. If they are work you did but you are copying from another website that is acceptable. However no matter how many you submit, all of your entries will count as one entry only in the contest. But people will be able to read all of your entries to determine if you are worthy of their vote.

I will however have 2 categories and you can only submit for one category for each entry.

#1) The best bang for the buck.

#2) The most notable improvement.

Remember the rules are, you need to submit a stand alone writeup in it's own thread. It needs to be a complete modification or upgrade and include understandable instructions as well as some images. You will need to provide a link in this thread for your submission and to which category you are submitting for. This contest ends January 1st or as soon as there are 10 entries in each category. The polls will be posted as soon as either category has the 10 entries or two polls will be posted after the first of the year. One final stipulation, they can not be write ups that you have already submitted. :mr-t:

Here are my two entries, one in each category to get you thinking and the gears turning. These are not official entries just some ideas.

Best bang for the buck: 8 large paper clips "borrowed" from the office to paper clip my seat belts together to stop them from rattling when not being used. ;)

Most notable improvement: Nerf football purchased at the dollar store and wedged between my sound bar and soft top, now my top no longer flaps in the wind driving down the road. ;)

It's now up to you! What have you got?

See less See more
#2 ·
hmmm...what write up can I do that hasn't already been done? There's so many talented Jeep do-it-yourselvers out there! My skills are so limited...I can't weld (although I would love to learn), I'm scared of electronics (shocked myself once while installing a chandelier cause I forgot to turn off the main circuit breaker), I'm not incredibly mechanically inclined (but I did install my own CAI)...now I have to really sit and think of a write-up...hmmmm...my brain hurts...

#3 ·
Girl, now you are whining. Anyone that tackled the DVD monitor install they way you did is not a force to be trifled with. You have much more skill and talent than you give yourself credit for.

Contributions don't have to be your own creations. They can be write-ups/how-to's on just about anything. There are many people that own a vehicle and do not know how to change the oil as an example. I doubt you really have to rack your brain that hard. What have you done that makes your JK life easier? What did you install or adapt that makes your commute more enjoyable?

You like most of us have something in us that is trick, cool, neat-o or just plain necessary. If necessity is the mother of invention and simplicity is the source of the best creations, then there is something more out there. I'm just waving a Red Star in front of you to write it up. ;)

#8 ·
MichaelW wrote
First I am honoring a year membership to Justin (Gear) for his latest barrage of write ups. So I am giving him a membership for that effort. Excellent contributions Justin!

Wow, Thanks Michael.
When time permits I hope to add more reviews to the library.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.