JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Add me to the ever growing list of people that have gotten fed up with the circus over on JK-Forum and have left in disgust.

I was a member for several months. When I first joined I was amazed at the arrogance of the owner, Eddy, aka Way Of Life. I pretty much ignored it in the beginning. One of his recent posts, though, just put me over the top. To me, it seems like he routinely forms personal vendettas with certain vendors if they don't obey "Eddy's Rules". He then seems to use his forum to attempt to discourage anyone from buying from them. I've seen him use phrases like "sleazy" and "stoop to lowest possible business practices" with regard to some of these. And for what? Because they broke "Eddy's Rules"? Give me a break. Enron was sleazy and stooped to the lowest possible business practices. Breaking one of "Eddy's Rules" doesn't even register. Unless, of course you suffer from a highly exaggerated sense of self importance.

This guy runs a tiny, tiny little forum on the internet. By anyone's standards, it's in the noise. Yet he somehow thinks that gives him the right to act as judge and jury on other vendors and proclaim them basically unfit for commerce because they broke one of "Eddy's Rules". In my opinion, this guy has way more ego than brains and has a highly, highly overrated sense of his own self importance. One of his tricks when bad mouthing a vendor is proclaim that he "has a responsibility to his users to point out the type of business that they may be dealing with". This is, of course, hogwash. To me, it appears that the only commitment he has is to his sponsors and he is trying to use his forum to discourage anyone from buying elsewhere. That, in itself, is OK. But he should at least be honest about it rather than throwing up some silly smoke screen saying he's looking out for his users. After all, it is in the best interest of his users to expose them to all the vendors and let them make their own decisions. But he doesn't do that.

I simply couldn't put up with it anymore so I asked to be removed from his roster and will spend my time on this forum from now on - it seems to be much more realistic, honest and user friendly.

·
Registered
749 Posts
gcg,..kinda knew you were history over there, read that whole thread and you handled yourself very well & conveyed to this "Little Kid Eddie" how he thinks he's the "King"....he hasen't been anywhere, done nothing, & not enough very hard miles on his feet,>>> he's just a "Boy". He might of lasted a day in the "Nam" with his attitude ...maybe one day.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gcg,..kinda knew you were history over there, read that whole thread and you handled yourself very well & conveyed to this "Little Kid Eddie" how he thinks he's the "King"....he hasen't been anywhere, done nothing, & not enough very hard miles on his feet,>>> he's just a "Boy". He might of lasted a day in the "Nam" with his attitude ...maybe one day.
He does seem pretty childish in his approach to things. I don't mind that he wants to run his forum his way - that's his choice. If he wants to run it into the ground, so be it. But when he starts spreading negative views that are unfounded about folks that I know are top notch, it just isn't right. If he doesn't like someone and wants to just state that, that's fine - but he should be honest. Instead, he seems to stoop to the sort of practices that he's always preaching against.

Anyway, I just had enough. Life's too short. I'd rather spend it doing fun things with my Jeep than arguing with a guy that thinks he's King.

·
Registered
749 Posts
He does seem pretty childish in his approach to things. I don't mind that he wants to run his forum his way - that's his choice. If he wants to run it into the ground, so be it. But when he starts spreading negative views that are unfounded about folks that I know are top notch, it just isn't right. If he doesn't like someone and wants to just state that, that's fine - but he should be honest. Instead, he seems to stoop to the sort of practices that he's always preaching against.

Anyway, I just had enough. Life's too short. I'd rather spend it doing fun things with my Jeep than arguing with a guy that thinks he's King.
Again, I agree with you 100%, Well, with (Pirate4X4) involved in this great forum, growth is inevitable:D

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
But when he starts spreading negative views that are unfounded about folks that I know are top notch, it just isn't right.
I've read all of the threads and I have a couple of questions: why would Mike Shaffer(sp) portray himself as a "normal" user who "saw" the flenders in question on the road? And not present himself honestly as Mike Shaffer?

Follow up: if Mike had a problem with Eddie before and was band (for whatever reason) why would Mike return?

Eddie's actions aside, it does seem to me that Mike was not being honest. And that tends to taint whatever reputation he may have for me... I hate to see good local shops do things like this...

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
I've read all of the threads and I have a couple of questions: why would Mike Shaffer(sp) portray himself as a "normal" user who "saw" the flenders in question on the road? And not present himself honestly as Mike Shaffer?

Follow up: if Mike had a problem with Eddie before and was band (for whatever reason) why would Mike return?

Eddie's actions aside, it does seem to me that Mike was not being honest. And that tends to taint whatever reputation he may have for me... I hate to see good local shops do things like this...
I'm not sure to what you are referring to..... as it's likely some other drama that was drawn out on that forum.

But to better answer the questions you are likely not even looking for the answers to: people in a certain business will, regardless of what they might portray, read forums. From time to time, they may even have UIDs and post very useful information as a regular joe on forums. Their membership should be under no other condition than any other user simply because they happen to be in the off-road industry. Quite frankly, it's much more productive for the readers if they can participate, at times, in this anonymous manner because the information that they provide will not be attacked just becasue of their name regardless of the validity of it's content.

Honesty has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's sound business practice. And it's dolts like you that will stop them from providing good information for fear of reading crap like in your last couple of sentences.

It's very simple. They are damned if they do and damned if the don't.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Have you ever watched a TV commercial? Do you think all the actors are genuine or do you think they are people simply presenting a product in a positive light? To me, what was done was nothing more than that - it's American buisness practice. If that practice violated Mr. Ed's rules, then he should have confined his criticism to that action rather than make an extremely negative blanket statement.

Secondly, it is in the interest of all forum members to be informed of products that are available. Each member then has the ability to make an informed decision on their own. They don't need Mr. Ed to do it for them, at least if they have a brain.

But the issue that drove me over the wall was that Mr. Ed took one incident and used that to paint a completely negative picture. This is something like saying that if you have ever had a traffic ticket, you are dishonest and stoop to the lowest levels of criminal behavior. It was a childish response on his part. And, in my opinion, was extremely dishonest. He is clearly protecting his sponsors and is trying to imply that he does it for the benefit of his users. However, purposefully keeping information from his users is not in their interest - it treats them like children and works against them and for the benefit of his sponsors. I have no problem with him protecting his sponsors. That's his choice and he has every right to do it if he wishes to. But he should be honest about it.

I have been a customer of the vendor for several years and can speak from extensive personal experience that they are very honest and very competent and go out of their way to satisfy their customers. That's based on real experience over an extended period of time. It simply made me angry to see Mr. Ed trying to make an authoritative blanket negative statement that I know to be false. In my opinion, he's the one that lacked honesty and integrity in that interaction.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
gcg, thanks for responding. Just was curious and wanted to get a response outside the usual drama hat seems to pervade the other forum of late.

See you on the trail sometime...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gcg, thanks for responding. Just was curious and wanted to get a response outside the usual drama hat seems to pervade the other forum of late.

See you on the trail sometime...
I'll look forward to seeing you out there one of these days!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Someone get Lika a revolver, he's raising the dead like crazy

Attachments

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
not another *********** post.:thefinger:

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
I'm very tired this morning. Can someone tell me what the fuck just happened here?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts