JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been sitting in the garage while I was working on other mods and I finally got around to making the axle side mounting bracket tonight.
Used the stock rod side and could have just bought one of Polyperformance's solutions, but I had a piece of 3/16" plate and a new plasma cutter/welder to play with :bounce:

Anyway, pulled the pathetic little stocker off and had the typical 'bent tie rod dent' in it. These things are puny!
Mine wasn't blown or leaking, the dent was pretty small but I could easily (and quickly) extend and retract it - it's got 22K miles on it.
Anyway, I had a little bump steer and it wanted to follow the valleys in the highway a little before, nothing scary or obnoxious, just a little tug here and there. The Fox unit reduced it down to barely noticable.
Definitely a good mod.
Here's the obligatory image :mr-t:
 

Attachments

· Premium Member
Joined
·
2,771 Posts
Looks great! Ive got one too but mine isnt mounted like yours. I would like to see close ups of both sides of the stabilizer if possible. Mine sits in front of my Riddler cover and I had to cut the end of the bolts off because it was rubbing the cover. I dont think mine is right but it didnt come with any new brackets so I had to reuse the stock ones.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
15,301 Posts
Looks great! I would like to see close ups of both sides of the stabilizer if possible.
I don't have the Fox anymore, but I would also like to see a close up of the mount.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll grab close up pics in a few
the axle end bracket I did is something similar to poly's, I cut a plate to go over the trackbar mount with the 3 bolt holes to attach it then welded a piece of heavy 1 1/4" angle to it with a bolt hole in it for the actual mount.

the best solution for the bar end is poly's collar mount
using the stock mount on that end, but turned vertical does bring it very close to the riddler at left lock but it will do for now until I either make something slimmer, grind down the stocker or give poly some more cash :bounce:

Here's their rod end solution


can't get much slimmer than that
Phil shows a different poly unit on the trailduty site that you weld the mounting ears onto that I might go with
 
G

·
I did mine a little differently. I drilled a new hole in the Poly front track bar bracket and used the stock mount on the other end.

 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top