JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much discussion, and research we bought Tanner a 1993 Jeep Renegade for his birthday. He is turning 15 and gettin his permit so he has a year to have it built, he's out working on it now. Coming soon SOA, 35 KM2s, 4.88 gears, changing rear dana 35 to 8.8, modified driveshaft out of XJ, and 4 more pages and more $$$ than I have. Needless to say I don't my bank account will ever be the same having 2 in the family. I guess my mods will be on hold for a year....

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Wow, lucky guy!!! Take care of her!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
a couple good tight trails will take care of those enormous growths on the wheel wells. :)

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Awesome!!!

the renegades were like the top of the line when they came out. I haven't seen too many on the roads.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Congrats on the new addition and most importantly to Tanner for the sweet first ride and parents who understand and support mods :bounce:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Congrats Tanner. He is going to pull so much tail... :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the well wishes :beer:this is the look that we are going for the 35's should off set the :rainbow2: factor

·
Registered
491 Posts
I remember those, almost bought one too. Got a nice used Comanche pickup instead. Great job on the buy and the mod friendly attitude. Lucky kid. :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Looks good, . . . be sure to keep us updated . . .

damned lucky kids :shaking:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope he can figure out how to get it back together....:D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You are a kick arse dad my friend. Your son will never forget this...

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Damn you guys didnt waste anytime ripping it apart :laughing:

going to bedline the interior? already got the axles out too sheesh. Ginger you helped Todd right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Damn you guys didnt waste anytime ripping it apart :laughing:

going to bedline the interior? already got the axles out too sheesh. Ginger you helped Todd right?

It started getting torn apart about an hour after he was given it. He's carrying around Quadratech and 4WD catalogs like they're playboys. Yes we are bedlinering it, he has already starting roughing it up to hold. As far as the axles goes, Tanner has done most of the work himself under Tod's direction. I haven't lifted a finger :innocent: I helped at the junkyard pulling the 8.8 out but other than that they are just using me for my money. We are making Tanner pay for things also so he understands just how much it costs but I guilted his dad into new rims and 35 KM2s :jester:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts