JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my 2007 has the freedom top. At 40mph or so I get a wind noise. A slight whistling... nothing major... not sure what I should look at. Sounds like right in the front where the window frame meets the top. Any ideas?

G

·
0 Posts
Mine had a similar noise when I first got it. I just took the front panels off and then reseated them carefully, making sure that the gap between the panels and where the panels meet the rear section were all even. The problem went away after that. I have noticed that if you aren't careful when you put them back on, the rubber seals can sometimes bunch up in the gaps and I suspect that can lead to air leaks.

Jeep sent out a small flyer about a month ago with instructions on how to put the panels on - the order you install them and the sequence used to tighten the fasteners. If you don't have this, you might try getting a copy and see if it helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, I better look for the flyer. I will look at the tops tomorrow. I did have them off and wasn't real careful putting them back on. The noise was there before though so maybe just some careful consideration and replacement.

thanks
steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts