JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have checked the fourm and this color has not shown up yet.

I have a blue liquid leaking out of the drivers side of the jeep. The only blue fluid the I know that is in the jeep is the washer fluid.

My question, can the washer fluid build up on very cold days and stay somewhere and when it warms up melt and drip out.

There is no noticeable leaking in the engine compartment. It shows up between the engine compartment and the front of the drivers door. It could possibly be in a spot where the washer fluid pools until it melts. It is no where near the washer fluid tank.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmm that's a new one for sure. I agree with your assumption about it being washer fluid. I guess the question is do you spray excessive amounts on your windshield? Probably have the same problem the rest of us do in that the sprayer doesn't reach half the glass! Sorry I'm not much more help. Best of luck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, during chinooks here we go through a lot of washer fluid due to the slush on the road from the melting snow.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Check the drains for the cowl. I'd imagine if it's cold there you may have had some ice there, the washer fluid won't freeze. Ice melts, washer fluid comes out days after using it. Just an idear

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hmm that's a new one for sure. I agree with your assumption about it being washer fluid. I guess the question is do you spray excessive amounts on your windshield? Probably have the same problem the rest of us do in that the sprayer doesn't reach half the glass! Sorry I'm not much more help. Best of luck.
Speaking of which, has anyone figured out a way to aim those blasted sprayers better? Mine shoot over the top of the windshield...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Speaking of which, has anyone figured out a way to aim those blasted sprayers better? Mine shoot over the top of the windshield...
Hey how's the weather in ABQ? Snowing here! Anyway, I've read that some people have had success putting a pin in the hole to adjust it. Others say that doesn't work as the nozzle doesn't move. I haven't tried anything yet. Someone needs to come out with an after market replacement.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
LSM... I had the same issue just the other day... took it in for a wash... everything froze... had a small layer of ice on everything... noticed in my garage when it all thawed out... blue drips... smelled it and it was windshield washer fluid.. so it's definitely hiding somewhere in the cowl.

Steve

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve ,

Thanks for the verification.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts