JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who this belongs to but the wrecking yard I use on a regular basis knowing I have a Jk called me to let me know he just got it in.

I don't know the story but it looks like another one that started in the dash IMO:shaking:

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Wow! Check out the windshield glass.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Wrecking yard... so, insurance "totaled" it?

Are you sure the dash was the culprit? I know the little auto transmission fire problem starts under the front dash area and comes right up. Only difference in that fire usually burns the whole JK to the ground.

I'm seeing a lug nut and front plastic grill remnants... scorched hood... this JK did burn up completely didn't? Engine and at least one tire.... damn.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wrecking yard... so, insurance "totaled" it?

Are you sure the dash was the culprit? I know the little auto transmission fire problem starts under the front dash area and comes right up. Only difference in that fire usually burns the whole JK to the ground.
Jeff, I really don't know I am just speculating that it started at the bottom of the center console dash. looks like it's only on the inside and seems to be more on the passengers side. but that's just my opinion. I really know as much as what I see in the photos that were sent to me.

EDIT: Good observation on the exterior. I'll ask for more pics.

Daytons edit:
"I'm seeing a lug nut and front plastic grill remnants... scorched hood... this JK did burn up completely didn't? Engine and at least one tire.... damn. "

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Jeff, I really don't know I am just speculating that it started at the bottom of the center console dash. looks like it's only on the inside and seems to be more on the passengers side. but that's just my opinion. I really know as much as what I see in the photos that were sent to me.
Ah... sorry I thought you took the photos. I think that's the evap canister on the driver seat... and there is definitely a front grill, a fender insert, and lug nuts... I think there's a lot more damage to it than what they sent to you.

Sucks for the owner. Hope everyone got out...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ah... sorry I thought you took the photos. I think that's the evap canister on the driver seat... and there is definitely a front grill, a fender insert, and lug nuts... I think there's a lot more damage to it than what they sent to you.

Sucks for the owner. Hope everyone got out...
Totally agree now that I see what you pointed out. We agree?!!!!! Must be the full moon tonight!:beer:

I called my wrecker. He will get more pics.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Gut that sucker... ! Take out everything and start with the shell and build the ultimate JK with out the Computer system and the issues..

Thats what I'm going to do one of these days when My 4 door shits the bed completely..

Then no worries about specified axles...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Im thinking of replacing my center console....
think that one will fit? :thefinger:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hey clackey,,,do you think the pig tail that goes to the evap can is still good on this one? The dealer won't sell me one and wants to sell the whole wiring harness instead!!,,,Yeah very expensive. Pm me this guys number and I will call him if you would. Thanks man!:beer::beer:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts