JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For JK owners that have- dropped trackbar brackets, OR that have issues w/ misaligned axles, OR that have diff/ trackbar clearance issues, Poly may have the solution. (RE lift owners may have one or more of these concerns, as the RE 4 1/2" kit uses an adjustable front tb but retains the stock rear tb). I purchased the Poly rear ADJUSTABLE track bar last week and couldnt be happier. As usual, the design and fit was dead-on...stronger than stock...no more trackbar hitting the rear (Solid) diff cover...and now able to re-center the axles. Dave and Garrett at Poly are obviously and continually dedicated to customer service as well. BTW....abused the hell out of it on the trail ( along w/ the Poly tierod up front) and no issues, no squeaks, just awesome performance.:D

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
This is good information. I have the RE 4.5 longarm kit. Had to grind on my dynatrac diff covers because both track bars hit. Kicking myself for not going with riddler covers. My tierod is not looking so good also. It comes in contact with the bottom of the RE steering stabilizer relocation bracket when I turn full lock passenger. RE claims that this can only happen when the tierod is bent.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dunno bout RE info that "tierod contacts only when bent". Seems that tierod would have to be extremely bent up and/ or back. I mean...the reloc bracket sits higher than stock...so it should clear the tie rod w/o issue. + i would think that the contact is being made w/ the factory stabilizer mount anyway... since (if it has not been removed) it sits low enough to rub the tie rod when turned full pass side...(while drive side is near full droop). I'm probably making this sound complicated, so I apologize. I hate to see you scrap the ($$) Dynatrac covers to fix this, as my rear Solid cover did the same thing before the Poly trackbar. I too, almost bought a rear Riddler...and I too, considered grinding down the Solid cover as well. The great thing about using aftmkt covers w/ the Poly trackbars (front or rear ) is that the Poly trackbars are bent upwards ( not just horizontally...like the OEM trackbars are)...allowing xtra clearence...especially important during "flex". I'd like to see a pic of the front while turned full pass side.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes...on the poly bushing end (that mounts to the bracket- on the frame side). The other end uses a heim joint...so no grease is needed there.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
dunno bout RE info that "tierod contacts only when bent". Seems that tierod would have to be extremely bent up and/ or back. I mean...the reloc bracket sits higher than stock...so it should clear the tie rod w/o issue. + i would think that the contact is being made w/ the factory stabilizer mount anyway... since (if it has not been removed) it sits low enough to rub the tie rod when turned full pass side...(while drive side is near full droop). I'm probably making this sound complicated, so I apologize. I hate to see you scrap the ($$) Dynatrac covers to fix this, as my rear Solid cover did the same thing before the Poly trackbar. I too, almost bought a rear Riddler...and I too, considered grinding down the Solid cover as well. The great thing about using aftmkt covers w/ the Poly trackbars (front or rear ) is that the Poly trackbars are bent upwards ( not just horizontally...like the OEM trackbars are)...allowing xtra clearence...especially important during "flex". I'd like to see a pic of the front while turned full pass side.
I know my post was somewhat vague. Here are a couple of pics. You'll see that the tierod comes in contact with the carriage bolt head on the underside of the relocation bracket. It barely touches but it does touch. My thought is that the tierod binds on the bracket when flexed and that can't be good. The guys at RE are a proud group. Engineering dept. says only way it will touch is if the tierod is bent. Doesn't look bent. How can you tell?
The woods relocate bracket seems to sit a little higher on the track bar mount. might be a better option.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didnt realize that the RE bracket sits so far fwd, so maybe the Woods would be a better solution...I think that somewhere on this board was something about the Woods contacting as well, but I dont know what lift they were using, or where that post was. Ive also seen a custom bracket made from (?") thick piece of plate steel (no bends...just flat). In a couple days, I'll try to fab a (strong-ass) flat or L-bend bracket that will work w/ the RE setup. I'll try to make several, and then I can give/ or sell at cost, to others that need a fix...Unless someone else chimes in w/ a solution that works. Time to go lie under the jeep for a while...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts