JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 JKU build in progress
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out of state 1000 miles from home and going through 1/2 gallon of coolant each time I drove it, could not find where it was coming from till I parked on an uphill incline and found it coming off the back of engine. Interestingly enough it never overheated, so I pampered it back home and confirmed the leak with a pressure tester.

Ordered a new Oil cooler assembly using the Dorman aluminum housing that will update the filter to the late style 14 & up
Hopefully this is the ultimate solution!
Azure Rectangle Organism Font Eyelash

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Your info says that you have a 2012. You would need to also buy a new OEM 2014 oil cooler to go with the housing. MotorCityMechanic has a good video on this. I replaced the heads on my 2013 (90k miles) a couple of months ago and contemplated this upgrade as well. I skipped the upgrade and put a new OEM oil cooler assembly on there. Didn't have any issues with the original.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed that part on a 2016 JKU that had the same issue. the part is definitely an upgrade from the OEM and ive since drove 5000+ miles on a roadtrip from NC to AK without a single issue from that part. hope all goes well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts