JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 647 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay folks, it's time for this years Toys For Tots toy drive. Starting today I am taking cash donations in preparation for our Target toy buying spree. Last year was awesome and not only did we have a very successful drive, but we also had a blast at Target loading cart after cart with toys.

This year will pretty much be the same format. We will shoot for big cash donations then visit Target to make all our toy purchases. We will be having the actual event day at the same Chuy's on Houghton Rd. assuming they will have us again. As for the Target spending spree day and the actual event day, I'm still working on it but at this point I'm thinking of the shopping day being Friday, December 13th and the event day being Saturday, December 14th. This gives us about an extra week to take cash donations.

Let me start this off by giving $100.00 and I'll ask that everyone meet or beat that number. Last year we collected over $4000.00 and it would be great to exceed that amount this year. Hit up all your co-workers, friends and family and lets make this an event to be remembered. Not sure if we will get news coverage this year but again, I'm working on it and with any luck we will!

Thanks everyone and I look forward to having a blast with all of you!!!

Also lets see if we can do another canned food drive as well.

EVENT DETAILS:

Shopping spree. For those who donated money to the Toys for Tots Shopping Spree you are invited to join us for the buying frenzy at the Target store located at 5255 E. Broadway Blvd on Friday, December 13th at 11:00am.

The parade and Chuy's toy drive collection will be on Saturday, December 14th from 12:00-5:00pm. We will be meeting up at my place probably around 10am to load the jeeps and head down to Chuy's. I will post up a definite time after we see how many toys we have.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, already off to a good start today. Think we can get our first $1000.00 today everyone?

M&M's- $100.00
bigworm36 - $150.00
bigworms momma - $100.00

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
459 Posts
Can we donate toys or are we just going to do the shopping spree thing?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Well like last year Im not putting a monetary pledge just yet. I'll just fill up the back of the jeep again. Already have my mom on board to help out, as well as most of my employees(don't want to make the boss angry) as well as other options in the works. I'm stoked for this!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can we donate toys or are we just going to do the shopping spree thing?
Shopping spree thing so dig deep you cheap bastard. If you can afford two fucking jeeps, lift kits, wheels, tires, gas and all that you can give tons of cash to a GOOD cause!!

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Murray, may i ask, why target?
Well I was going with Target because last year they donated a very nice amount and gave us a good discount when we purchased everything from them. I respect the efforts they made for us and I would tend to remain loyal to them for being one of the only places that stepped up to the plate to help us out.

I am discussing another alternate with someone else but there are no final commitments at this point in time. I do ask that everyone doesn't try to over complicate this if at all possible. It worked great last year doing it the way we did and I'd like to repeat the same process this year. I have a very limited amount of time to organize and facilitate so keeping this simple would be a very good thing for me.

Dig deep folks and we should have another great year for Toys for Tots!!

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Gunny!!!

M&M's- $100.00
bigworm36 - $150.00
bigworms momma - $100.00
Uncle Sams Misaligned Child - $100.00

That's $450.00 so far this morning. $550.00 more to a $1000.00 day!!! Keep it coming guys and again, thanks. This really is a wonderful charity to help out. You know I'm not all gay and sappy like some vagina monologue, wanna be tough guy who drives a black jeep that I won't mention his name (Gunny, oops it slipped out) would like to pretend to be, but this is one of those special organizations that really just brings it for the kids and that's just an awesome thing and all of you are awesome for helping out with this the way you do too!!!

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how much am I in for this year?
HaHa. I'm hoping everyone steps up big this year before you come bat clean-up. Although I will say that Freaky just sent me a pm telling me how much he was hoping you would pitch all night for him while he catches....

·
Mechanic
1,068 Posts
HaHa. I'm hoping everyone steps up big this year before you come bat clean-up. Although I will say that Freaky just sent me a pm telling me how much he was hoping you would pitch all night for him while he catches....
he couldn't handle it. just ask lyle.

1 - 20 of 647 Posts