JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if the angle position sensor is built into the clockspring, OR, is the angle position sensor a seperate part that attaches to the clockspring ?:confused::confused::confused:

I am having my clockspring replaced sometime in the next few weeks:bawling: for several cruise control codes and the air bag light comming on and off randomly:shaking:.

I want to replace the angle position sensor also if it is not built into the clockspring.

much Thanks !
:beer:

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
from the factory service manual

The clockspring for this vehicle is secured near the top of steering column below the steering wheel. The clockspring includes an intergral internal turn signal cancel cam and Steering angle sensor that are both serviced as a unit with the clockspring.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from the factory service manual

The clockspring for this vehicle is secured near the top of steering column below the steering wheel. The clockspring includes an intergral internal turn signal cancel cam and Steering angle sensor that are both serviced as a unit with the clockspring.
U da man !

I REALLY need to get the comlpete set of factory service manuals AND the wiring diagram manual !!!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Warranty?
If the dealer said that it is not covered, take it elsewhere.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
U da man !

I REALLY need to get the comlpete set of factory service manuals AND the wiring diagram manual !!!!
look on ebay and the wiring diagrams are in the factory service manual

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
when i had my center console out i thought i saw the air bag control modules mounted to the top of the transmission tunnel.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i had my center console out i thought i saw the air bag control modules mounted to the top of the transmission tunnel.
I think they are under the passenger seat.

But I was told I need a clockspring and it is in the steering colum.

I have also heard that there is some kind of controller/switch that is for the drivers airbag and the cruise control on the steering colum and maybe that is what you saw??. I just wish I could get it comfirmed that it really exists cause maybe that is what is bad and NOT the clockspring??????

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i can tell you for sure that there are two boxes mounted on top of the tunnel under the center console on my 09x marked with warnings about air bag module. the center console has only 4 bolts holding it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts