JKOwners Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I was using the wake up and extended PID formula on my HTC M8 for trans temp, but after upgrading to a Google Pixel and updating the app, I noticed they added the trans temp for Jeeps by default when you add a display. It's labeled "[CHRYSLER]Transmission Temp (Jeep Pre 2012)." They also have it for 2012 and later. Have you tried that option? I've only used it a few times but it seemed the same compared to when I was using and wake up and PID function originally.

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
I was using the wake up and extended PID formula on my HTC M8 for trans temp, but after upgrading to a Google Pixel and updating the app, I noticed they added the trans temp for Jeeps by default when you add a display. It's labeled "[CHRYSLER]Transmission Temp (Jeep Pre 2012)." They also have it for 2012 and later. Have you tried that option? I've only used it a few times but it seemed the same compared to when I was using and wake up and PID function originally.
i did notice that they had those for pre-2012s , post 2012s and another , Chrysler formula ...no more manually setting the wake up and PID formula into a custom configuration = pretty cool!
Thanks for updating me and this thread w/ the info , @TRAUMAhead :wink2:

:jeep2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on this thread? I have a 2008 Wrangler and I just followed the directions with Torque Pro and get "no data" message. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
Any updates on this thread? I have a 2008 Wrangler and I just followed the directions with Torque Pro and get "no data" message. Thank you.

now, this thread is one of those , "I'd better lay-on the accurate details in my questions , efforts , HW & thoughts or it won't be any use talking about it in a forum ..." efforts.

in the instructions on the Torque user forum , and in the Help for the App it details how you use the tool & it's various plug-ins & feature interfaces thru the ODBII port across the CAN & the signals are not just endpoints for the functionality available thru the vehicle but are also gonna need to be identified by the operator of the App .

you will not just plug it in and see stuff.

you have to select the appropriate PID if custom , like,for the 42rle fluid temp - though there are already tranny temp PIDs included in these newer versions of the app vs having to go enter the formula that permitted the conversion. of that data into something the apps API could read & display .

so, you're gonna want to lay out your add ons , your jeeps specific & selected options , what BT scanner you're using , what you're expecting, what you've done exactly to T/S , or there - quite frankly - ain't sh*t a one of us can do for you I'm the context you are asking .
not intending to be rude or anything;but, to the statement of , " I get ,"no data" ..." , I will answer
,"ok... sometimes I do, too..." .

I mean :dunno:

:cwm13:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I think the cat temp is s calculated value, not an actual reading. Get an infrared temp gun or a temperature crayon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been using Torque for years on my Android head unit :)

Attachments

Reactions: j3ff3ry_j33p

·
Registered
102 Posts
Special pids for oil temp and pressure?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

141 - 153 of 153 Posts