JKOwners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I can't seem to get this working on my 2012. The built in transmission temp on Torque is wrong, it reads the same as coolant. Using the custom pids I get nothing. Anyone get this working with the new tranny's

Ron

·
Registered
587 Posts
Are you using 3e01 for the wakeup? If you are, try this one instead:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not having any luck with my 2013 either. I've tried both of the wakeup pids but still get a no response to the 22b010 pid. The wakeup pids actually return values, is that expected? I'm getting 146 F, but it doesnt seem to be going down.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Everything I've tried doesn't seem to work on the 2012+. Hopefully someone will figure it out. Those codes seem to only work on the 2011's and lower.

Ron

·
Registered
183 Posts
2010 and lower.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Where is the option at?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Where is the option at?
When you set up your vehicle profile.

So if you go into your Jeep's profile and click "edit":

"OBD speed multiplier (for vehicles with different diameter wheels to original... A value of 1 == no adjustment, 0.9 means lower and 1.1 means increase)."

It seems like you should be able to take the stock 32" and figure out what the difference is with new tires.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Played around with adjusting the speedo to tire size. I gave this a shot and it seemed to work. I figured out how much bigger my tires are compared to the stock. My 35's actually measure about 34" (thanks BFG :flipoff:). The stock tires are around 32". That should be a 6% increase. I entered 1.06 into the field I mentioned above. I took the Jeep out on the highway. I measured the speed with a Garmin along with the OBD and GPS speedo pulled up on Torque. At a sustained 75 mph, both GPS measurements where within 0.2 to 0.5 of the OBD speedo on torque. I'm calling that close enough for me.

When I get my new tires, I'll just adjust the number to 1.09 since they will hopefully measure out to a true 35" tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Small update I found while working on this with my 2011.

It seems like if you send the 3E01 code to a 2011, and then later the 1092 code, it causes the issue where the abs and brake light start blinking. If you have tried the 3E01 code you need to disconnect everything and start over. Then the 1092 wakeup works great.

07-10 - 3E01 wakeup
11 - 1092 wakeup
>11 - unknown

I tested the temperature I was getting from Torque vs my Flashpaq and they match up. This makes me pretty confident that the reading is accurate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can any of you guys that have Torque already set up with a good Jeep layout "export" the layout so I don't have to create it from scratch? (for a tablet)
You can do this in Realtime Information --> Settings --> Layout Settings --> Export Layout
(I'm not sure where the saved location is on Android, maybe stores the files on the SD card or 0 in the ".torque" folder)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
So.... I tried the 3E01 and it didn't work for me. By disconnect does it mean pull the battery cables to disconnect the ECU or just disconnect Torque and cycle engine?

Also with 2012 - who used what to get the transmission temp to work?

Small update I found while working on this with my 2011.

It seems like if you send the 3E01 code to a 2011, and then later the 1092 code, it causes the issue where the abs and brake light start blinking. If you have tried the 3E01 code you need to disconnect everything and start over. Then the 1092 wakeup works great.

07-10 - 3E01 wakeup
11 - 1092 wakeup
>11 - unknown

I tested the temperature I was getting from Torque vs my Flashpaq and they match up. This makes me pretty confident that the reading is accurate.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts