JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running it? I think I have the transmission temp PID figured out. Just wondering if anyone else is running it and has access to another temp reader to verify.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm using DRIVE for Android. Works as advertised. Just have to be careful not to kick the wireless adapter and break the OBD port under the dash.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres the info for those that are using this app.

The first PID is the wake up PID. This one must be activated at least once before your tranny temp works. To activate it you just need to run it on one screen. I put it behind my tranny temp gauge on the main screen.

PID = 3e01
Equation = A – not sure if this is needed
OBD Header = 7DF -not sure if needed either.

The second PID pulls the tranny info

PID= 22b010
Unit type = F
Equation = A

That’s it. You should be seeing your tranny temp now. From the sounds of it, the developer will be adding this to an update soon. You may not need this after the next update.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I'm using DRIVE for Android. Works as advertised. Just have to be careful not to kick the wireless adapter and break the OBD port under the dash.

I unplugged my OBD from its little holder and the wires let it sit right in that removable bottom plastic panel at your shins. The wireless adapter fits perfectly right there.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts

The first PID is the wake up PID. This one must be activated at least once before your tranny temp works. To activate it you just need to run it on one screen. I put it behind my tranny temp gauge on the main screen.

PID = 3e01

PID= 22b010
Unit type = F
Equation = A

That’s it. You should be seeing your tranny temp now. From the sounds of it, the developer will be adding this to an update soon. You may not need this after the next update.
can you clarify what/how you are doing for those who just got or are novice at this ap?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
can you clarify what/how you are doing for those who just got or are novice at this ap?
No problem.

On the main screen hit your menu button and select settings. One of the settings options is "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors." Open that one up. From there you will select menu again and select Add custom PID. You will need to create two different PIDs. The first one is the wake up PID.

PID = 3e01
Long Name = Whatever you like. I used wakeup
Short Name = Whatever you like. I used wakeup
OBD Header = 7DF -not sure if needed either. The image is missing this part but your screen should look like the image below.

PID= 22b010
Long Name = Whatever you like. I used transTemp
Short Name = Whatever you like. I used TransTemp
Unit type = C
Equation = A

After this is entered and saved you should have 2 PIDs showing in the Manage PID screen. Go back to your Realtime information screen/display screen with gauges. Add the first PID on your main screen or behind the trans temp gauge. I added a display with a dial and the sensor was wakeup, the first PID we created. I made it small and behind another gauge. This the same as adding a regular gauge and it doesn't matter what type of guage you use. This is the wakeup PID. It has to be active only once for the trans temp to work. Active as in on a screen that has been looked at. Add the second PID called TransTemp or whatever name you gave it. That should be all.

·
Registered
481 Posts
To explain a bit:

$7DF - is the CAN identifier used to address ALL OBD modules.

Sending a $3E is a service tool heartbeat. A tool will send this every 5 seconds, or it sounds like you send this before every request.

The PID you are using, $22B010, is a jeep specific PID. The example PID at the top of your screen shot $01 $0D would be requesting OBD Service ID $01 - Request current powertrain diag data, in this case diag data OBD PID $0D - Vehicle Speed Sensor. There is not an OBD PID for trans temp. Therefore you are stuck with the manufacture specific PID. Most OBD PIDs are engine related. And like I said, temps will be in C.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Taxx...I updated my post Doc. The unit type should be C not F as I first posted. I double checked this. I think the reason it should be C is because the developer initially wrote the program to calculate Celsius and when you unclick show celsius in the setting is automatically converts it to Fahrenheit. So in short the image I posted was correct but what I wrote was incorrect. I updated the post. Change your Unit type to C not F and it should be accurate.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd say that depends on the app/developer and if they do the conversion. I don't know, I've never used that app. The data coming through the link will be in C.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Got it.

If anyone else has custom PID/plugins whatever they want to share I can make this a sticky for ease of finding.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Very cool Doc, thats a great idea!

·
Registered
102 Posts

PID = 3e01

PID= 22b010
Unit type = F
Equation = A

Awesome work, I'll try it sometime this week. That is the only thing I have really been missing in torque. Well, and that we have more gauges to display when recording video. I had pointed out to the developer that as a jeep owner, i wanted to see the inclinometer gauges rather than the top speed and 0-60. :)

1 - 20 of 153 Posts