JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have alot more respect for FJ's after watching this... However I am sure most owners are turds!! :shaking: I think the spotter was all the difference!!! Or maybe I'm just jealous cause I don't think I have the balls for this one. :hide:

FJ Cruiser on Hells Gate Moab

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
A have to agree!

I had the opportunity to test drive an FJ when they had the 4 Wheel Jamboree in Springfield, And they had a nice little obstacle course set up. I was rather impressed with how capable they are! But it aint no Jeep!

The FJ is like the little brother looking up to Big Brother saying "I wanna be just like you Jeep!" :thefinger:

If money was not an issue, I would not mind having one, But not in place of my Jeep! :D

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
That all didn't look so hard to do...piece of cake.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
There are plenty of vidoes around of people flopping or rolling down that climb. The video NEVER does it justice.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
There are plenty of vidoes around of people flopping or rolling down that climb. The video NEVER does it justice.
Oh, I believe you. I'm seen a few videos of some nasty tumbles there. You don't get a name like Hell's Gate at a place like MOAB for no reason. My comment, at least, was not meant to dis the FJ. I only found the Jeep statement comical. I think an FJ is suited well for that particular climb. It's all about staying on line.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
Oh, I believe you. I'm seen a few videos of some nasty tumbles there. You don't get a name like Hell's Gate at a place like MOAB for no reason. My comment, at least, was not meant to dis the FJ. I only found the Jeep statement comical. I think an FJ is suited well for that particular climb. It's all about staying on line.
I totally agree with you, my comment wasn't directed at you. :beer:

I have been on hells revenge, but we didn't make it over to hells gate, there were a ton of people on the trail that day. Did go up tip over challenge tho.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I think it comes down to the driver. For the most part FJs, JKs, Hummers, xTerras, Toys etc... are all pretty capable. It's the driver (and spotter) that makes or breaks it. :smokin:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it comes down to the driver. For the most part FJs, JKs, Hummers, xTerras, Toys etc... are all pretty capable. It's the driver (and spotter) that makes or breaks it. :smokin:

You're exactly right... I watched hummers flop on that hill and Jeeps.. If you have experience and listen to a GOOD spotter you could walk up it easy... Still would shat my pants! hah!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Of those choices all are capable off road however; the JK beats them all .
Looks like the driver took the perfect line. Thank the spotter.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I like that FJ...may have to acquire one for the stable...hmmmmm....did I say that looked like a piece of cake???:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
ask our local FJ owner with $$$$ in mods. He does not know why after 23 jeeps he bought an FJ. He will tell you that a stock Rubi will walk all over his very modded out FJ.

A

·
0 Posts
Hell's gate looks harder than it is and I did it 3 times with my H2.

I ran Hell's Revenge last Saturday in 58 minutes in the JK on my own actually :thefinger:

·
Registered
868 Posts
ask our local FJ owner with $$$$ in mods. He does not know why after 23 jeeps he bought an FJ. He will tell you that a stock Rubi will walk all over his very modded out FJ.
If this is the same person I think your talking about, he's also not happy about torn fenders due to lack of reinforcement and now a sheared frame.

Ron

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have alot more respect for FJ's after watching this... However I am sure most owners are turds!! :shaking: I think the spotter was all the difference!!! Or maybe I'm just jealous cause I don't think I have the balls for this one. :hide:

FJ Cruiser on Hells Gate Moab
Does it make you feel better that a female was driving and it was a bone stock FJC? Although I've never wheeled with her, she's apparently got some skills. However, this is what her FJC looks like now:

·
Registered
630 Posts
If this is the same person I think your talking about, he's also not happy about torn fenders due to lack of reinforcement and now a sheared frame.

Ron
YEP!!!!

He will have a new jeep shortly.....:D

Cannot wait to see pics of his stickers. They should be arriving today

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hells gate is pretty easy actually, the traction is awesome. I don't have a whole lot more respect for FJ's after watching this...I do however have more respect for the tires on that rig now. When those trails get wet it is a completely different ball game. I have seen a TJ Rubicon make it up in 45 seconds...didn't lift a tire. 4 doors make a joke of Hells Gate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts