JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my sPod in and am looking to hookup my IPF 968 Lights and an ARB Fridge/Freezer.

The IPF 968 lights have 100 watt bulbs. 100 watts x 2 lights =200 watts / 12 volts = 16.6 Amps (Is that correct?)

The ARB Fridge 1.35 amps per hour at 12 volts (what is the difference on amp per hour vs amps?) should I use a 15 amp or 30 amp circuit?

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The IPF 968 lights have 100 watt bulbs. 100 watts x 2 lights =200 watts / 12 volts = 16.6 Amps (Is that correct?)
It will likely be a little less as most auto circuits are running around around 13.2 v, either way a 20 or 30 amp circuit should do the job.

The ARB Fridge 1.35 amps per hour at 12 volts (what is the difference on amp per hour vs amps?) should I use a 15 amp or 30 amp circuit?
Not sure about this, there is no such thing as "amps per hour" even though I know ARB use the term.

Amp hours are used to designate quantities of energy, amps are used to designate rates of energy use. A product does not use amp hours, it uses amps, an energy source provides amps and will have a capacity measured in amp hours.

IIRC the largest ARB fridge draws something like 4.7 amps at 12v, so a 15 amp circuit will be more than sufficient.

·
Registered
453 Posts
They probably mean amp-hours since it is unlikely that the fridge pulls its full amperage all the time. That would be a handy number to have for a fridge since you'd othewise have to know the duty cycle, the full load amps, and the standby amps in order to estimate run time on a given battery.

Bryan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts