JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cancelled an AX card for the whole family...I've been with them for over 30 years...so why do you say...well, I remember about 9 years ago, I was late with a payment...I had called these fawkers and told them I would be out of the country for about 45 days, and that I would probably be late with a payment, and they said...no probs bro...you be with us for over 20 years, and you be da man...no sweat GI...well, I com home, and find about 20 or so messages on my answering machine from AX threatening to cancel my card, and a bill with a $125.00 late charge...I paid up, called them, they credited my account by phone for the late charge, and that was the end of it.

Well, now these fawkers have cried to congress that they can't pay THEIR phucking bills, and want a hand out...Barney Phagg Frank and company tell them to just become a Bank Holding Company, and voila, instant handout...wouldn't it be nice if the consumer who is one mortgage payment away from Box City could do the same thing....WTF...I wish I was so crass and undignified to say..."Hey...I can't pay MY bills...where's my handout?"...this is getting better by the minute...

Thanks for listening, I feel better now....:shaking::shaking::shaking:

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
I agree with you

Seems like there has been troubled times in our countries past. Times where the citezens couldn't make ends meet. They lined up outside the soup kitchens where our goverment allocated money to help feed the people.

I am not sure where I have been or when exactly the wool was pulled over my eyes, but now when I look around, I see new lines forming outside of soup kitchens. Only now it is coorperations in line for cash handouts paid for by us, the taxpayers.

Consumers give companies money through our purchases, that is why they exist. To sell their products or services. Now they are on the edge of going out of buisness due to how they have choosen to use all this money we gave them through those purchases. When did struggling tax payers decide to give them more money to help them out of that situation? I don't understand why I should be scraping money together and struggling to pay bills AND give billions of dollars to these companies.

I think about it like this on a smaller scale. I make purchases from a local store reguraly. It is money I earned and saved to make the purchase. The purchase comes at a preimium. I have to pay more of my hard earned money to make the purchase then what the item cost to produce so the seller can make a profit. That is fine. That is the way things work. Now, that seller collected his profit from all these sales and invested it poorly and spent a big portion of it on spoiling himself with a lavish lifestyle. So when I find out he is going out of buisness because of his choices, why would I say "well, here, let me give you all the money you would need to get your profits flowing again" :shaking:

Maybe I do not understand economics at such a high level. Whos best interests are truly being looked after?

Why do I feel like it is so easy for a company to see these handouts and just get in line for the handout? Why would this line not continue to grow until every company that exists has gotten theirs?

Most of all, Why do I feel like I am struggling to even pay my bills and am going without things while money that was withheld from my paycheck, the tax money out of my pocket is going to these companies???? That is my REAL physical money I earned taken out my pocket to go to these companies to reward them for their bad choices and lavish lifestyles. $50 would make a big difference in my life. Sh!t, I might even be able to afford a decent dinner for once rather then living off rice and top ramen. That $50 withheld from my paychech as tax is going to help a company become profitable again because of bad choices, greed and executive private Jets.

**** YOU COORPERATE. GIVE ME MY ****ING MONEY BACK. LET ME EAT A DECENT MEAL AND TAKE CARE OF OUR FAMILIES

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Very sad and well put WTF. This bailout plan is complete BS. As stated- more rewards for dishonest and/ or self-serving business practices. The initial application for this "govt loan" is only 2 pages (shorter than most credit card applications). What a fkn joke this whole thing is. :pissed:

This should be the plan. If necessary- declare bankruptcy and then restructure the company from the ground up.

:pissed:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I predict a huge upsurge in consumer bankruptcies...not the Chapt 11 reorganization kind, but Chapter 7's...I think the consumer who is one or two steps away from suicide should go for it, and let all these kok suckers know THEY can't pay their bills either, and if they can't get a bailout, phuck you...I'm going Chapter 7...evrybody wants a helping hand, but only the rich and richer then God himself are getting help...some of these companies that have already received MY tax dollars are squirreling away 2 or 3 billion dollars for the sole purpose of giving their 7 figure salaried employees Christmas bonuses...where does this inequity end?:pissed::pissed::pissed:

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
Yah I agree. I know somewhere it makes since on some level Iam sure. Something I don't understand. Maybe it is all in my best interest for these companies to not fail.

I don't feel that way though.

I CERTAINLY can not justify companies that have been bailed out spending money still. Like in the case of AIG and thier HUGE hotel parties.

I understand that to be successful you need to kiss clients ass and spoil them. I also understand that to drive sales you need to reward your sales people. HOwever, I think the bailout should keep the company from failing. Not to help them be competitive.

Face it AIG, your company would have gone out og buisness if you didn't get the handout. You will probably no longer be a leader in the industry. Just say Thank you for saving our arse and focus on treading water.

IDK, pisses me off when I eat Top Ramen when I would really like to eat something healthier while I watch the news with images of my money that could have bought that steak is funding these huge parties.

I hope they feel guilty spending my money like that. Smiling and laughing and wasting food while I sit here stressed out going with out basic stuff.

Enjoy my money phuckers! And I hope you all get yours. What comes around goes around eventually

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
BTW, the feeling I get thinking about this is similar to the way I feel about pan handlers.

You know the ones, the ones that get pissed you don't give them money, like you OWE them something. The ones you walk past exhausted because you just got off work and they are not even doing a single thing to be a part of the community.

The same ones that you watch others give money to because they felt sorry for them and was only trying to "help". The people giving money based on good intentions but were really just taken advantage of.

AND the bastards don't even have the dignity to at least say thank you.

Not sure when begging stopped be pitiful. USed to be that if you were reduced to begging you would feel like an idiot and useless. Now there is no pity in it. Now even companies do it. Wish they would at least say thank you

G

·
Sorry Scott, but I’m ok with this particular bailout since the wife works for AMEX and we need her paycheck :thefinger::grinpimp:

I’ll back you when the telco’s want their bailouts though ;)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Scott, but I’m ok with this particular bailout since the wife works for AMEX and we need her paycheck :thefinger::grinpimp:

Gee Alec...I'm so sorry you have to depend on the little lady for survival....:innocent:

G

·
Gee Alec...I'm so sorry you have to depend on the little lady for survival....:innocent:
I don't depend on it and we can pay our bills with just one of our checks (with some serious cutting back). Sure is nice to have a little disposable income though :grinpimp:. So, to that end, I approve the bailout for AMEX :thefinger:

·
Banned
3,216 Posts

lol,

Well, I do not belive all the companies should be left to fail. I truly feel like a bunch of jobs being lost would be worse for our economy then the bailouts.

It just seems like the wrong answer. My rant is mostly an expression of the feeling I get when I feel I am strugglling and watch excessive amounts of money going to something I don't truly belive in. I just feel that if I was in trouble and could not pay my bills I would not recive help and nobody would step in and pay my bills for me. And I am very close to being in that position yet I am paying for the bailouts.

I guess I am just confused, frustrated and scared

·
Banned
10,062 Posts
Do not want as much as AMEX bailout ;)
Oh Im not saying I want it....but it does make me think more than "bailout for a bank."

IMO..there's a pscyhological affect w/ the automotive industry. To see icons like GM or god forbid Ford fall would have a greater affect on the American psyche than AGI or some bank. GM falls and 9 out of 10 Americans know about it and are even more pessimistic about the future. AIG falls and 9 out of 10 americans go "who?"

Then there's the whole issue of 3 million unemployed Americans who were doing well, making money, and paying their bills. Has to be one helluva ripple from that splash. Granted, this all assuming we are being given the straight dope on the dire straits our automotive industry is facing.

Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I say let the auto industry go under....too much legacy costs associated with these guys...took me a lifetime to make $70.00 an hour...a hundred an hour if I go locums...$1500 per car added to cover their health care costs...those guys have health care plans better then the phucking phaggots in Congress...they need to feel the pain the rest of the nation is feeling...they won't disappear...they'll just have to rethink their salary and benefit structure next time...6 figure annual bonuses for executives will go away...hell...the big three haven't made a car or truck worth a damn in decades, and that includes the delicate as a flower petal JK....

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I agree with you

Seems like there has been troubled times in our countries past. Times where the citezens couldn't make ends meet. They lined up outside the soup kitchens where our goverment allocated money to help feed the people.

I am not sure where I have been or when exactly the wool was pulled over my eyes, but now when I look around, I see new lines forming outside of soup kitchens. Only now it is coorperations in line for cash handouts paid for by us, the taxpayers.

Consumers give companies money through our purchases, that is why they exist. To sell their products or services. Now they are on the edge of going out of buisness due to how they have choosen to use all this money we gave them through those purchases. When did struggling tax payers decide to give them more money to help them out of that situation? I don't understand why I should be scraping money together and struggling to pay bills AND give billions of dollars to these companies.

I think about it like this on a smaller scale. I make purchases from a local store reguraly. It is money I earned and saved to make the purchase. The purchase comes at a preimium. I have to pay more of my hard earned money to make the purchase then what the item cost to produce so the seller can make a profit. That is fine. That is the way things work. Now, that seller collected his profit from all these sales and invested it poorly and spent a big portion of it on spoiling himself with a lavish lifestyle. So when I find out he is going out of buisness because of his choices, why would I say "well, here, let me give you all the money you would need to get your profits flowing again" :shaking:

Maybe I do not understand economics at such a high level. Whos best interests are truly being looked after?

Why do I feel like it is so easy for a company to see these handouts and just get in line for the handout? Why would this line not continue to grow until every company that exists has gotten theirs?

Most of all, Why do I feel like I am struggling to even pay my bills and am going without things while money that was withheld from my paycheck, the tax money out of my pocket is going to these companies???? That is my REAL physical money I earned taken out my pocket to go to these companies to reward them for their bad choices and lavish lifestyles. $50 would make a big difference in my life. Sh!t, I might even be able to afford a decent dinner for once rather then living off rice and top ramen. That $50 withheld from my paychech as tax is going to help a company become profitable again because of bad choices, greed and executive private Jets.

**** YOU COORPERATE. GIVE ME MY ****ING MONEY BACK. LET ME EAT A DECENT MEAL AND TAKE CARE OF OUR FAMILIES
Be Careful. Don't let them know you can still afford the rice or you may find that you are down to just the top ramen.....and lets not talk about the ocst of the water to go in it either..... :laughing:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.