JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thanks everyone, I ended up changing so much and I'm not sure if this is the right sub but if anyone cares this is where I'm at now:

• JKS 3.5" Jspec w/ JKS shocks, front adj track bar, dual rate springs, jks Q disconnects, brake line brackets etc
  • Rancho Geo brackets
  • 17x9 -12 / Fierce Attitude 35s that I got off a bud in town for a good price
  • 52" curved white lightbar and winch here to be installed real soon
  • Powder coated the A pillar lightbar mounts white, will do more whiting out as I go
Still need to center the axles and get a alignment, but I'm so psyched
Thanks to everyone's opinions I've changed a LOT from my original build and couldn't be happier that I chose to go higher than the 2,5" I originally planned on.

Any suggestions etc appreciated

·
Registered
436 Posts
Grab a Ram assist for the steering and a good tie rod. I'm happy with my Fusion 2.5 ton rod and drag link set up with the Rancho knuckles for high steering. That will pretty much bullet proof the steering and you can toss that useless stabilizer.

Or stop where you are and upgrade as you bend things.

The advantages of the high steering are that it puts the drag link at a more flat angle so that you get less left/ right steering action from hitting potholes or from articulating.

With a 3.5+ lift you'll see in trails that your right front wheel drops and the steering turns left, your spotter will be asking you to give more right steering to get into a line but you can't because of that radial path you drew in the photo.

A high steer doesn't totally eliminate this, but it does minimize it to the extent possible.

The smaller tie rod will bend fairly easy if your an aggressive driver on rocks. The Fusion (or any of the copies now out) will not bend and the joints at the ends are giant Rare Parts joints that can take massive abuse compared to the factory sized. Going with one of the "2.5 ton" set ups is "one and done" on the steering.

I also used the Synergy sector shaft brace and Synergy track bar to add a second layer of durability to the sector shaft over the Ram assist.

For the assist, I went with the ******* Ram Assist in 2016 and its been flawless for 5 years now. The steering power you gain in the trails even with big tires is awesome. No more "I can't turn it!" frustrations out on the trails.

I also am a big fan of relocating the rear shock axle brackets up with something similar to the Evo shock brackets. This factory brackets hang the rear socks really low and they are constantly getting beat into things.

There is no end to how much of your money I can spend, so that's a start. Work some overtime and let us know how it all works out.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: moch

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Grab a Ram assist for the steering and a good tie rod. I'm happy with my Fusion 2.5 ton rod and drag link set up with the Rancho knuckles for high steering. That will pretty much bullet proof the steering and you can toss that useless stabilizer.

Or stop where you are and upgrade as you bend things.

The advantages of the high steering are that it puts the drag link at a more flat angle so that you get less left/ right steering action from hitting potholes or from articulating.

With a 3.5+ lift you'll see in trails that your right front wheel drops and the steering turns left, your spotter will be asking you to give more right steering to get into a line but you can't because of that radial path you drew in the photo.

A high steer doesn't totally eliminate this, but it does minimize it to the extent possible.

The smaller tie rod will bend fairly easy if your an aggressive driver on rocks. The Fusion (or any of the copies now out) will not bend and the joints at the ends are giant Rare Parts joints that can take massive abuse compared to the factory sized. Going with one of the "2.5 ton" set ups is "one and done" on the steering.

I also used the Synergy sector shaft brace and Synergy track bar to add a second layer of durability to the sector shaft over the Ram assist.

For the assist, I went with the *** Ram Assist in 2016 and its been flawless for 5 years now. The steering power you gain in the trails even with big tires is awesome. No more "I can't turn it!" frustrations out on the trails.

I also am a big fan of relocating the rear shock axle brackets up with something similar to the Evo shock brackets. This factory brackets hang the rear socks really low and they are constantly getting beat into things.

There is no end to how much of your money I can spend, so that's a start. Work some overtime and let us know how it all works out.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for all that writing haha, I'm gonna do research on pretty much every thing you said.
All I have is time and a bank account that's close to giving up...let's push it over the edge! :love:

Some things are def going on the "wait till you break it to replace it" list, others like possibly that tie rod you mentioned are moving up the list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts