JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy some Alum flares, most likely Poison Spyder, but don't know if I should paint, powder coat, line X or leave them natural finish.. Does anyone have any pics or thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, what brand did you go with?

·
Registered
651 Posts
The bare aluminum looks great with some colors but I don't think the billet silver is one of them. I would either paint them billet silver or powder coat in another contrasting color.

Although not aluminum, this is what I went with on my billet silver JKU....

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, that looks bitchen! What lift and tires?

·
Registered
288 Posts
i have a '13 JKUR in billet silver. while i still have the plastic black stock fenders i find the more black i add the the better the jeep looks. i will be powder coating everything in black, i am committed now. leaving stuff bare works for white and light, loud colors (gecko). there isn't enough contrast with bare and billet silver. but, at the end of the day, its all opinions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any pics?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've thought about this for months, and it has kept me from ordering flats. I keep looking at this pic from our friends at Northridge. I think it's beautiful.

silveronsilver.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
And now with 40's.... :wink_animate:
Fuuuuuuhhhhkkiiin-A....
that'll do, right there.....man, the more I see the NV105 Methods the more I like them.... <EDIT: SORRY FOR HIJACKING MOMENTARILY, OP!> I am havin' trouble finding-out the weight for one wheel (the Method NV105 beadlock by itself) ; I am betting you know the weight of one, Boosted....man, your rig is lookin' righteous.....

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
And now with 40's.... :wink_animate:
Nice! I am on a similar path. I sold my Trektop NX to another forum member and will be repurchasing it in twill soon. that and I am eyeballing those very same fenders and plan to rattle can them black. Might try them natural for a while first, though. The Evo rear facia looks good on my white rig so we'll see. I'll probably end up on 40's and back on MTRs again too.

:koolaid:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Fuuuuuuhhhhkkiiin-A....
that'll do, right there.....man, the more I see the NV105 Methods the more I like them.... <EDIT: SORRY FOR HIJACKING MOMENTARILY, OP!> I am havin' trouble finding-out the weight for one wheel (the Method NV105 beadlock by itself) ; I am betting you know the weight of one, Boosted....man, your rig is lookin' righteous.....
Thanks, its a work in progress....lol. The Method 105 Beadlocks (NV) in a 17x9 weigh 33 lbs each.

Nice! I am on a similar path. I sold my Trektop NX to another forum member and will be repurchasing it in twill soon. that and I am eyeballing those very same fenders and plan to rattle can them black. Might try them natural for a while first, though. The Evo rear facia looks good on my white rig so we'll see. I'll probably end up on 40's and back on MTRs again too.

:koolaid:
Sweet! I look forward to seeing your pics when you get it all set up.

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
Thanks, its a work in progress....lol. The Method 105 Beadlocks (NV) in a 17x9 weigh 33 lbs each.

Sweet! I look forward to seeing your pics when you get it all set up.
much obliged. Once these 5.13s and rear locker get installed, I know what is next on my list , now.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts