JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
776 Posts
I like it as well, 'tis very slick.

Is AZ anal about the 3rd brake light? After over 4 years with no 3rd brake light I finally broke down and bought an ORO in conjuction with moving the tag to the center of the tire.

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Is AZ anal about the 3rd brake light? After over 4 years with no 3rd brake light I finally broke down and bought an ORO in conjuction with moving the tag to the center of the tire.

well i have been without the third brake light for about 6 months now, and have not had any issues but i would rather have all the "required" safety equipment just in case.

· Registered
4,540 Posts

Not in general did not have one for 5 years. Now in Scottsdale I have heard of Jeepers being pulled over. I added on just in case.

Jason

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a 59 chevy Biscayne, with power nothing, No seat belts & No third light... It wasn't a safety issue then, why should it be now ?? Driving with your eyes open, is a requirement in most states,,,
They also didnt have airbags and didnt care about drinking and driving as much either...things change and I would rather be safe than sorry. To each thier own though I guess.:suicide:

· Premium Member
1,017 Posts
59 chevy Biscayne

I've got a 59 chevy Biscayne, with power nothing, No seat belts & No third light... It wasn't a safety issue then, why should it be now ?? Driving with your eyes open, is a requirement in most states,,,
Hit that with a new car and plastic everything. Guess who wins.... :cwm13:
It does not need air bags seat belts and such in this plastic world.... :shitstorm:

I moved my third brake light to the top several years ago. I kept the budget to about $20.00. But it still works. :)

Attachments

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hit that with a new car and plastic everything. Guess who wins.... :cwm13:
It does not need air bags seat belts and such in this plastic world.... :shitstorm:

I moved my third brake light to the top several years ago. I kept the budget to about $20.00. But it still works. :)
I like it! did you use any RTV or anything to seal the hole?

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's been awhile since I have put any thought into this, but I think I may have a good idea.

I think I will get another light like the one I have, but not as long, and attach it somehow either permanently or make it so it can be installed and removed as needed, to the rear most horizontal bar to the roll cage.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
It's been awhile since I have put any thought into this, but I think I may have a good idea.

I think I will get another light like the one I have, but not as long, and attach it somehow either permanently or make it so it can be installed and removed as needed, to the rear most horizontal bar to the roll cage.
I like this idea. Permanently fasten one to the rollcage, and when the hard top is off, plug the harness into the one on the cage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.