JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a custom 2017 Jeep Rubicon from Rubitrux in NC and absolutely love the vehicle. However, after about 2 months now, I went to go to work one morning and upon starting up the Jeep, the entire Alpine X009 display is dead. Black. No signal, nothing. No audio and no NAV capabilities. I've never had this device in any vehicle before, but the first thing I noticed was there doesn't appear to be any ON/OFF mechanism or switch. I've included a picture attached.

It appears to be hard wired for power, so I figured let me check the obvious for a blown fuse and after looking up the fuse in the owner's manual, it checked out to be good.

Before I bring it to the mechanic for some troubleshooting, I thought I'd post here for some suggestions, feedback, or anything anyone can share to help me out. Thanks!

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a custom 2017 Jeep Rubicon from Rubitrux in NC and absolutely love the vehicle. However, after about 2 months now, I went to go to work one morning and upon starting up the Jeep, the entire Alpine X009 display is dead. Black. No signal, nothing. No audio and no NAV capabilities. I've never had this device in any vehicle before, but the first thing I noticed was there doesn't appear to be any ON/OFF mechanism or switch. I've included a picture attached.

It appears to be hard wired for power, so I figured let me check the obvious for a blown fuse and after looking up the fuse in the owner's manual, it checked out to be good.

Before I bring it to the mechanic for some troubleshooting, I thought I'd post here for some suggestions, feedback, or anything anyone can share to help me out. Thanks!

Mike
Even though fuse was good did you check for power at the unit side of things?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't unfortunately. Was hoping it was something easy like a fuse! I'll probably have to bring it to Jeep and have them look at it since it should still be under warranty.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
688 Posts
What type of fuse (barrel or 'U") and how did you determine if it was good?

I ask this because on the barrel type, we had fuses at work that looked good, but when you put a volt meter on it, it was blown.

Just food for thought.

Whatever you do find that made your stereo stop working, let the rest of us know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took the fuse out of the fuse box and eye balled it....it's a U type and the filament looked intact and healthy. I will check it out with a volt meter next and verify.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, got to the bottom of the issue when my ignition went dead when I tried to start the Jeep a couple days ago. To make a long story short, the ground battery cable clamp wasn't as secure as it should have been, and once I re-tightened everything to make sure the connections to each battery post were rock solid, everything is now working and I haven't had an issue since with the X009 or the ignition.

Thanks for all suggestions and input.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts