JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I had a great time last weekend. Took 9 hrs... :eek: ...but was worth it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice shots from the trip - I have had that one on my list for a while.
Is the path mostly road? Just wondering if a stock Rubi would have any issues.
If you did the trip again would you spend more time or was one day long enough?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'd give anything to be there........ Instead I'm stuck in Kansas City for another week.

Great pics thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice shots from the trip - I have had that one on my list for a while.
Is the path mostly road? Just wondering if a stock Rubi would have any issues.
If you did the trip again would you spend more time or was one day long enough?
Yeah a stock Rubi won't have any problems. If I did it again, I might stay at Lake City (I believe this is the correct town). I would definitely explore more on the trail and stay at this town because it is the half way point on the Alpine Loop.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can your wife PLEASE hang out with my wife sometime? PLEASE?!
haha, sure thing! ...as long as I can drive your sweet rig! :laughing:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Very cool, nice shots. That trail is on my list. I had hoped to do it this fall but have had too many expenses. Thanks for posting:beer:

PS; your cage looks interesting. Any shots of it on here or another fourm? I'm doing that project soon and like you did, I want to keep the soft top brackets.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah a stock Rubi won't have any problems. If I did it again, I might stay at Lake City (I believe this is the correct town). I would definitely explore more on the trail and stay at this town because it is the half way point on the Alpine Loop.
Great pics! I've never done the entire loop, but have been to Lake City and done some of the passes down that way. Great area!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Great pics. Done the loop several times, always a bunch of fun and seriously beautiful.

For those wondering about the loop, truth be told even something like a stock Xterra or similar wouldn't have any trouble, it's not difficult. In fact in the entire area, there are only two challenging trails. One is Poughkeepsie Gulch, that one is a bit harder and has some real obstacles on it. It's a lot of fun. The other is Black Bear Pass, with its infamous switchbacks and massive cliffhanging. Hell, I don't think I'd even try Black Bear with a manual (which I have) and sure as hell wouldn't do it alone or without a great spotter! But if you run it you're rewarded with one of the most beautiful trails in the state.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
For those wondering about the loop, truth be told even something like a stock Xterra or similar wouldn't have any trouble, it's not difficult.
A guy with a 40 foot tractor trailer got stuck at the start of Cinnamon Pass (Animus Forks side) a year or so ago. Stuck by GPS, he put in stortest distance from Siverton to Lake City apparently :laughing:

Great pics, I love that area and want to try to get out there for the fall colors again. Actually I'd like to run the look again but take 2 days and explore all the side trails and ghost towns.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Beautiful photos. This is definitely on my list of things to do and see. Makes me pretty damn grateful that I live in Colorado :)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Great shots. For anyone interested, Charles Wells has a new Colorado 4wd Trails book out that includes everything that was in his previous editions. Pick one up if you plan on heading our way.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Good looking Jeep (very clean I dig it), good looking wife, good looking scenery. Looks like a damn good time.

I went to Colorado/Moab this summer for the first time and it was so beautiful.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Are there a lot of shelf road spots on this loop? It looks like a great place to see but I hate shelves...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts