JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just installed 4in long arm. Took to alignment shop and was told thrust angle was out and that I also needed new tie rod ends because they were frozen in place (that’s another topic) my question is without having the equipment and I didn’t feel like paying someone 300+ to take about put back together etc. how far should I adjust each arm to get close to 0 as possible? I’m going to take and have realigned once I get my new parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dont worry about thrust angle, as long as toe is good and caster is exceptable your alignment is done.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont worry about thrust angle, as long as toe is good and caster is exceptable your alignment is done.

So the thrust angle being that far out is acceptable is what your telling me?

·
Registered
332 Posts
So the thrust angle being that far out is acceptable is what your telling me?

As long as you have the arms set to as close to the same length as each other your good. Tera flex has an alignment video and they even say not to worry about it. I alligned my jeep with a tape measure with no issues.

·
Registered
916 Posts
can misaligned trac bar cause thrust angle to be off?

My jeep used to pull cause one side had more caster. after correcting it with adjustable control arms, i still had a pull. ive read that +/- thurst angle can cause pull so i assumed messing with the trac bar would adjust thrust angle. Now it drives pretty straight but dont take my word for it since im no expert and my jeep never been to alignment shop lol. I do my own toe and carefully watch for uneven tire wear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
thrust angle can cause a pull, basically your vehicle is dog tracking. the rear wheels are trying to push your Jeep in one direction and you are trying to steer it straight down the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thrust angle can cause a pull, basically your vehicle is dog tracking. the rear wheels are trying to push your Jeep in one direction and you are trying to steer it straight down the road.

My Jeep is not pulling. Tracks down the road just fine. I just want everything to be a square as possible. I pulled all the rear controls arms out and release it’s and put them back we’re they were suggested to start at. Just haven’t been back to have re checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts