JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I take the jk in today to get aligned and get a phone call an hour later saying I need an offset ball joint because my camber is off by 0.9 degrees. Shop tells me this happens to most vehicles after they get lifted. I have rk 3.5 inch lift with high steer kit all 8 control arms and such. What could have cause such a thing to happen? Would like input as to the fact I am new to jeeps and am not that good mechanically. Also want input before I fork out 300 bucks.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Do you wheel the jeep hard? Also, are your axles sleeved/gusseted? Your axle "c's" are more than likely bent which is why your camber is off. Offset balljoints will fix your issue. If you're not sleeved/gussted, and wheel hard I'd definitely suggest it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My jeeps camber was off from the factory. It's my understanding no one makes a offset balljoint for the jk. I just had them adjust what they could and have 11k on it with no problems. The tires seem to be wearing fine.

The only thing is when driving it seems to want to drift to the left if I let go of the wheel.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Camber on the jeep is not adjustable, so really the only solution if you want camber back to specs is the offset balljoints. I know it sucks to spend more money, but I'd do it along with at minimum c-gussets for piece of mind.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
your camber is fine from what I can tell. Your off by not even a degree

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I do not have the specs unfortunately. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay to get sleeved and gusseted?

Go onto pure jeep.com. Look up under new products, and look for there JK D30/D44 axle knuckle gusset kit. It is 200 dollars, it includes an outer backbone brace, upper/lower c gussets, lower control arm skids front and rear and a track bar mount gusset. It is a hell of a kit and the install is MUCH cheaper than a traditional sleeve and gusset, as you do not have to take down the axle with this kit, at all. You just need someone to weld it on for you, could probably find someone to do it for 150-200 bucks. That is if you do not know how to weld, or do not have a close friend/family member who knows how to that would be wiling to do it. Plus, a backbone brace(basically a heavy duty truss) is MUCH MUCH more stronger than a inner sleeve!

This was the kit that was recommended to me by Jeremy at Rock Krawler, and I had it installed there by one of their employees.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
So I take the jk in today to get aligned and get a phone call an hour later saying I need an offset ball joint because my camber is off by 0.9 degrees. Shop tells me this happens to most vehicles after they get lifted. I have rk 3.5 inch lift with high steer kit all 8 control arms and such. What could have cause such a thing to happen? Would like input as to the fact I am new to jeeps and am not that good mechanically. Also want input before I fork out 300 bucks.
You do not need offset ball joints. They are trying to get you to spend money. Do not worry about your camber, it is fine. As long as your balljoints are not shot, you dont have to worry about getting new ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.