JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I was wondering how many folks are around ABQ.

I hope to get some trips together and I'm interest who's close.

Later
Dom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi RGJK-

First post for me on JKO. I'm from Farmington, not the closest I guess but since no one else replied yet I thought I'd get it going. Just got our new to us JK a couple weeks ago, waiting on title from previous lienholder so we can go get it processed through NM MVD. Can't wait to spend 6 hours in that place :shaking:!!!!.

Super-Oil

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi RGJK-

First post for me on JKO. I'm from Farmington, not the closest I guess but since no one else replied yet I thought I'd get it going. Just got our new to us JK a couple weeks ago, waiting on title from previous lienholder so we can go get it processed through NM MVD. Can't wait to spend 6 hours in that place :shaking:!!!!.

Super-Oil
Welcome!!! and congrats on the JK. :)

I make a few trips to Moab every year so I go thru your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of my rig and my wife. We go wheeling around ABQ all the time. During the summer we are in colorado at least once a month.

I'd love to explore southern NM!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts

I live in NorCal now but spent much of my childhood & adult life in Alb. Lots of great wheeling in NM... Our son is soon to be gong to UNM so we will more than likely be spending more time back there real soon. My son & I are currently building a 2006 TJ which he will be taking to school with him. It would be a relief to know that he's connecting with good peeps to wheel with down there. He's going to get some wheeling experience on the NorCal trails like Rubicon & the Niagara Rim before he ventures away from home. So he should be pretty trail savy by then.

Nice to see some peeps from one of my home towns....:)

Sent from my C771 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Let us know when your son gets in town. Also check out nmoffroad.com for more local stuff.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.966289,-106.492356
Sure thing... thanks! I was just talking with Jimmy on the importance of getting connected with fellow JKO'rs and other Jeep peeps down that way. Thx for stepping up.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Sent from my C771 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks--nice looking jeep there. Ours is still basically a stock rubicon for now. We live right next to Farmington Glade, so we'll probably get out there or into southwest CO most often. There's usually a group of jeeps that I see heading out into the Glade for Saturday trail rides. We made it to Moab (w/o jeep) this summer after living here a couple years now, and found that it's only a 3-hour drive for us, so I could see getting up there once in a while also.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'll be in Alburquerque in June for training. I'm planning on heading to Moab a couple times while I'm out there, as well as some trips to CO. I'll look you up on the forum before I get out there

·
Registered
20 Posts
Howdy. I'm new in ABQ, moved here from Virginia last summer. Have ridden on some of the forest roads on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 a few years ago, but have only taken the Jeep on a couple of dirt roads so far, including the Tajique Loop and the Red Canyon Rd in the Manzanos, the Quebrado Byway near San Antonio, the back way to Gran Quivira from the House of Rocks, and the road through White Oaks. We're planning to go on a camping trip in the Gila sometime this spring or summer.

Hope to wheel with y'all sometime.

·
Registered
297 Posts
OMG hi! How are you liking that Gobi rack? I just ordered one for a friend and hope to see it here in a week or two. How was the install?

This is me, if you see me throw me a fist pump, or just wave.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OMG hi! How are you liking that Gobi rack? I just ordered one for a friend and hope to see it here in a week or two. How was the install?

This is me, if you see me throw me a fist pump, or just wave.
I love the gobi race. Its super solid and will carry anything I can put up there. The install was a bit of a pain because I had to take my entire LoD rear bumper and trail rack off to mount the frame supports. After that it was a piece of cake. It looks like you have a stack rear bumper, so it shouldn't be bad at all.

I'll keep an eye out for ya, you do the same! :)

Later
Dom

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll be in Alburquerque in June for training. I'm planning on heading to Moab a couple times while I'm out there, as well as some trips to CO. I'll look you up on the forum before I get out there
Definitely!! I go to CO all the time during the summer. I'd love to put a JKO trip together. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey guys, I just got my Jeep last week and have been having a ball with it so far. I am up in Santa Fe and get out regularly. Give me a holler if any of you are up this direction!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.