JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting the Viper 5806V 2 Way LED Car Alarm Security System and Remote Start System Starter to go with my aftermarket keyless entry. Anyone have experience with Viper that can tell me if it pairs with aftermarket keyless entry systems so that I don't have to have separate fobs for keyless and remote start/alarm. Also, anything you would recommend I do? Easy or difficult install? etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm assuming you added power door locks, thus the call for aftermarket keyless? If so, just uninstall the unit and install the above listed items. Use two relays and use the lock/unlock trigger from the newly installed Viper unit to do your keyless entry. Just map everything out before starting and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have hooked up alarms in vehicles with both factory and after market options. I have a programmer for directed equipment and brands to go in and set options. You can manually set most options on most alarms but there are hidden features on some you will not access with out a programmer, you can fine tune auto arm times light controllers and all kinds of stuff with most of them. They will work to roll up windows on arm if you have power windows both factory and after market. it can all be done thru relays as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So to make sure I got it, Viper takes place of my current keyless module. Everything plugs into, or splices to it (actuators, etc) and also goes to the alarm, the dball module connect to the viper and t harness to communicate to the Jeep to start?

So I would have keyless with alarm, and remote start and only 1 fob per owner, (wife and myself)

·
Registered
549 Posts
You may need an interface module to interface into the ignition such as an EVO one or Evo All. It will allow the alarm to talk to the Can Bus to control all the functions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts