JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when the alarm indicator lamp (red dot in upper RH of dash) is on solid after unlocking doors?

It's the light that blinks when the "alarm" is activated by locking the doors.

Unlocked the doors, got in and the lamp was lighted solid until I turned the ignition. There was no horn beep to indicate an intrusion.

I cannot replicate it either.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The only mention I can find is regarding the security keys, but that is regarding turning the ignition on, not just opening the doors:

During normal operation, the “Security Alarm
System Indicator Light” will come on for 3 seconds
immediately after the ignition switch is turned on for a
bulb check. Afterwards, if the bulb remains on, this
indicates a malfunction in the electronics
. If the bulb
begins to flash immediately after the ignition switch is
turned on, this indicates that an invalid key is being used
to start the vehicle. Both of these conditions will result in
the engine being shut down after 2 seconds of running.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A vehicle was broken into nearby and I have the soft top on. There's no indication anything was done to the Jeep but I did notice the indicator lamp on when I unlocked the doors and got in. It did not go out until after I turned the ignition switch.This illumination was before the ignition. I did not notice if it was illuminated before unlocking with the key fob, but once I opened the door, it was. I get the normal bulb checks on the instrument cluster.I was just curious if this is some other indicator for something. I can't imagine what might could have been done to the Jeep that would create an indicator lamp illumination, but find it coincidental that it happened when another vehicle nearby was actually broken into.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Mine does the same thing every once in a while, I've dissmissed it as another "random feature". It sometimes does it overnight while the Jeep is parked in my locked garage left undisturbed.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing it happen to me, but I'll try and keep an eye for it and see if i did anything different to cause it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts