JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
ORO sells their JK York bracket kit separate from their on board air system. Its listed on their on line store.

I have ORO's on board air system and its a really nice, complete kit. I like the quick connects that mount in the foot wells on the door strap bracket. The York bracket kit is very easy to install!

Heres a pic of the bracket kit.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now i couldnt find it the other day, and they emailed me today with tthe same info you just did. thanks. could you post a pic of what it looks like installed

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Yorks have oil in them for lubrication.
Oil mist comes out with the air. The full OBA kit comes with a filter that catches the oil before it gets to Your air tank, manifold, etc.
The oil that gets collected in the filter automaticly returns to the York via that small black line that goes into the side of the York.

The SS braided hose on the top of the York is the discharge hose that goes to the filter.

The black rubber hose on top is the intake hose that gets filtered air from the engines air intake tube.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, isee. i ran a york on my air bagged suburban but didnt run a return line out if the filter, i just filled up the compressor every once and a while but i can see with the location on the comp on the jeep it would be a pain in the ass to fill it up all the time. how much was your complete setup? maybe ill just forgrt using the comp,fittings and pressure switches i already have

·
Registered
132 Posts
I paid $1,200 for the complete kit.
It came with everything needed and the Yorks are brand new. The push together air lines and fittings make the install easy.
It also comes with something they call a "York Saver". Its an LED that gets mounted in the insturment cluster. When the York kicks in it turns green. If it runs for longer than 15 seconds the LED turns red to let You know theres a possable problem, like a blown air line, so You dont burn up the York.

I have some more pics of the install posted here in another thread. I made a thread for My OBA and SwayLOC install.

It seems like a lot of money but its a well thought out system with really nice parts. I pieced together an OBA set up on My old YJ years ago. It was a bulky set up that wasnt half as nice as this one!
IMO it isnt worth piecing a kit together Yourself when You can get everything You'll ever need with one phone call.
And their customer service is top notch! I called them and talked to them about it before I bought it. Super nice Guys!

·
Openly Hostile
6,938 Posts
I paid $1,200 for the complete kit.
It came with everything needed and the Yorks are brand new. The push together air lines and fittings make the install easy.
It also comes with something they call a "York Saver". Its an LED that gets mounted in the insturment cluster. When the York kicks in it turns green. If it runs for longer than 15 seconds the LED turns red to let You know theres a possable problem, like a blown air line, so You dont burn up the York.

I have some more pics of the install posted here in another thread. I made a thread for My OBA and SwayLOC install.

It seems like a lot of money but its a well thought out system with really nice parts. I pieced together an OBA set up on My old YJ years ago. It was a bulky set up that wasnt half as nice as this one!
IMO it isnt worth piecing a kit together Yourself when You can get everything You'll ever need with one phone call.
And their customer service is top notch! I called them and talked to them about it before I bought it. Super nice Guys!
So you did the install? How long does it take to air up your tires?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yup, I did the install Myself. It was super easy!
I installed the "York Saver" and the OBA wiring harness in less than an hour after work one day. Then I mounted the compressor and did the rest of the install another day. The rest took about 2 hours. That includes making trips to the garage refrigerator to get another beer :D

I haven't had a chance to head north and do any wheeling since I installed it so I cant comment on how fast it will air up tires.

When I talked to Him He said that they designed their OBA system around their AiRock suspension. They use a small 1 gallon tank which fills up very quickly. That makes the York run less, which creates less heat in the York and less oil in the air. It also creates a higher air pressure compared to other systems that run larger tanks.
The larger tanks may have a larger burst of pressure at the start, but once the tank drains down the compressor has to fill the large tank and fill a tire making it slower.

I hope that makes sense!:D
I'm sure the Guys at ORO can explain it a lot better than Me!
Dont hesitate to call them, they are happy to help!

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the system i had on my burban to run the bags was a york 210 with 17 gal tank and empty at idle it took about 10min to fill up to 85psi, driving it was around 5 min, it was very quick and it was old, off a mid 80's wagoneer. for that price ill prob peice it together, i already have a compressor, pressure switch, air line and some fittings (not enough to finish the job but close. so all ill have to buy is the brackets(200) and a pully(around 140-200), fittings are cheap and i can ge them at the grainger place nearby.

·
Openly Hostile
6,938 Posts
Yup, I did the install Myself. It was super easy!
I installed the "York Saver" and the OBA wiring harness in less than an hour after work one day. Then I mounted the compressor and did the rest of the install another day. The rest took about 2 hours. That includes making trips to the garage refrigerator to get another beer :D

I haven't had a chance to head north and do any wheeling since I installed it so I cant comment on how fast it will air up tires.

When I talked to Him He said that they designed their OBA system around their AiRock suspension. They use a small 1 gallon tank which fills up very quickly. That makes the York run less, which creates less heat in the York and less oil in the air. It also creates a higher air pressure compared to other systems that run larger tanks.
The larger tanks may have a larger burst of pressure at the start, but once the tank drains down the compressor has to fill the large tank and fill a tire making it slower.

I hope that makes sense!:D
I'm sure the Guys at ORO can explain it a lot better than Me!
Dont hesitate to call them, they are happy to help!
Thanks for the info Matt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
airock

I have the Airock on my 2 door rubicon. It works well and allows you to retain the factory suspension components. You run about 1" above stock on the road and about 3-4" in offroad mode. You can change these heights at anytime. The cool thing about the system is that you can control all 4 corners but most of the time you just push a button to go to offroad mode and just leave it. For most offroaders this system will work great.

The most important issue with the Airock is the initial installation. Do a good job the first time and you will dramatically cut any potential problems. I just recieved a new set of shocks for mine that are supposed to give me a little more flex. I will install them this weekend.

If you wheel all but hardcore stuff then I say go for it. Just make sure you are mechanically inclined and can do the install yourself or else this system is not for you.

Here is a flexed up pic for you....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really appreciate the comments. When you say shocks are they separate from the airbags? Why not the hardcore stuff too? How often do you find yourself using the manual mode to tilt in off-cambers or up really steep climbs?

Chris

·
Registered
132 Posts
I stopped by ORO on My way home from work today to grab some stuff for My JK.

They have a slightly used JK SwayLOC and OBA set up for sale for below retail. I figured I'd pass the info along because there seemed to be some interest in this thread.
If Your interested give them a call or e-mail.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really appreciate the comments. When you say shocks are they separate from the airbags? Why not the hardcore stuff too? How often do you find yourself using the manual mode to tilt in off-cambers or up really steep climbs?

Chris
The shocks come with the system and ORO is just improving on the current ones. The shocks are seperate from the airbags. You can use the Airock in hardcore stuff and it will work just fine. Just remember you are using factory control arms and steering.

I don't really adjust too much. I usually set it and go. There are a few places where I will lean the jeep just so I avoid body damage (i really like that) or I dump the front end down for more climbing traction.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.