JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my recall letter from FCA and was surprised the recall is only for the passenger side airbag replacement. Anyone know if the drivers side airbag is a different mfgr than Takata? Seems odd to me if that's not the case...:explode:

·
Registered
223 Posts
passenger airbag recall, pt. 2

I also received my recall notice. The dealership said that they expect another dozen or so recall replacement parts over the next week to 10 days, so I supposedly am on their list. If I recall correctly, my daughter had a recall for only one of her airbags for her Forester.

I also had received a mailed card from FCA a couple weeks ago offering $1000 off a new Jeep and/or $50 gift card for coming in to test drive a new Jeep vehicle.

=======
Update 3/21: I phoned the dealership Parts Department. My friend there said that the air bag parts are on back-order, and few, if any are being received. He expects that it's be no sooner than mid-summer - or longer until the repairs are made.

I did the test drive in mid-Feb., but haven't seen any $50 Gift Card, yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nearest dealer to me said they won't have the replacement airbag modules until mid March at the earliest...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts