JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
As long as you keep the SWAY BARS on it, it will be fine on the highway. Nothing different between coilovers, coils, leaf springs, air shocks. They all hold up your jeep. The problem comes when you take the sway bars off.....

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
As long as you keep the SWAY BARS on it, it will be fine on the highway. Nothing different between coilovers, coils, leaf springs, air shocks. They all hold up your jeep. The problem comes when you take the sway bars off.....

You can actually tune the piston bleed in the air shock so that a sway bar might not need to be used. Its a big misconception that people can just get these high end air and coil over shocks throw the stuff on a get a bitchin ride without spending time to tune the shocks. Yes it takes some knowledge and quite a bit of time but it is possible to get this stuff working really well.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Go to Pirate and read all you can.

My understanding is you need a much bigger air shock for a heavy vehicle, i.e. JK. They (air) work great on lightweight buggies, but you need the larger diameter ones for your JK, and coil overs are same or less expensive, and much better for a JK.

But tell me more....

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm getting ready to do airshocks on my 4 door. should find out which ones we are going with this week. I'm removing my Teraflex Lcg lift and getting custom 4 link front and rear with air shocks. Also doing atlas and 5.7VVT hemi, and transmission. It will probably be 2 months before all this is done but I will try to keep you posted.

Jk Neal

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
You can actually tune the piston bleed in the air shock so that a sway bar might not need to be used. Its a big misconception that people can just get these high end air and coil over shocks throw the stuff on a get a bitchin ride without spending time to tune the shocks. Yes it takes some knowledge and quite a bit of time but it is possible to get this stuff working really well.
Agreed. For a heavy rig like a JK though, make sure to run the 2.5" air shocks and not the 2.0's... The 2.0's will be overwhelmed by the weight...

RK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts