JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a very quick tour of Hill AFB museum in Utah while passing through on a delivery. I want to stop there again to take my time and check everything out better. But I did take a few pics outside.

Anyone recognize any of these?

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice photos, Hundy! Ever been to the Palm Springs Air Museum? That one has some pretty cool stuff, too, including a German 88 AAA. The air museum in Beaverton Oregon is really cool too. The Spruce Goose is there.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Pretty cool! I've been there and the museum inside is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
When I lived in Palmdale CA I got to see the B1 fly all the time. I have seen that plane put to the test. It is quite amazing that a plane that size can fly like that, I mean I have seen it do a “touch and go” and go vertical with the afterburners until it cant be seen. What an amazing plane. :bounce:

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice photos, Hundy! Ever been to the Palm Springs Air Museum? That one has some pretty cool stuff, too, including a German 88 AAA. The air museum in Beaverton Oregon is really cool too. The Spruce Goose is there.
Thx, I havent been to either of those, but they are now on my list. I would love to see the SG. I am driving to Seattle soon- if its not too far off my path, I will try to go.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I lived in Palmdale CA I got to see the B1 fly all the time. I have seen that plane put to the test. It is quite amazing that a plane that size can fly like that, I mean I have seen it do a “touch and go” and go vertical with the afterburners until it cant be seen. What an amazing plane. :bounce:
Man, I would have loved to have seen that!!! B1 is BIG when you stand next to it! Pics dont do justice.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty cool! I've been there and the museum inside is pretty cool too.
Yeah- I had like 5 minutes inside--- not enough time to see all the cool stuff! I got there as they were closing and they had to kick me out. I'll go again soon.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
Our dorms on Hickam AFB were about 100 yards from the flight line and one night we woke up to our windows shaking and noise like you wouldn't believe. We ran outside to see one of these sitting right across from our building trying to blow an engine fire out...at least that's what they told us the next day. All I know is that when they throttle that mother up it is loud as hell.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Our dorms on Hickam AFB were about 100 yards from the flight line and one night we woke up to our windows shaking and noise like you wouldn't believe. We ran outside to see one of these sitting right across from our building trying to blow an engine fire out...at least that's what they told us the next day. All I know is that when they throttle that mother up it is loud as hell
get buzzed by one a few hundred feet above you :eek:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hundy, if you are going to Seattle, go to the Boeing Museum. It is near the airport and there are a lot of cool planes to see there.

I just looked at the web site. I need to go there again! It has gotten bigger! A must see.

http://www.museumofflight.org/Portal.asp?Flash=True

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have been to that museum a couple of times, it's way cool.

Just on a side note Hundy (if I can call ya that), if ya do find your way back into the Salt Lake valley give me a call and we can get something put together, time permitting of course. And that goes for anyone on this forum if interested and/or in the area, it's nice to be able to put face to the screen name(s).

Maybe next time you'll be in your JK and we can squeeze a run in.

:beer:

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't believe Hundy... I think that's his backyard and NOT the "Air Museum."
Haha!

I think I could fly one of those big pointy ones!:smokin: Its ok, I have Propilot on my computer. or, as someone is trying to stop me---

'its OK, I'm a Limo driver!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts