JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm trying to choose the best/fastest compressor, don't really care if it's mounted or portable both have there advantages. The two I'm trying to choose between are viair 440p and the arb on boad air. So let's here it which is better?

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it needs to be electric and trying to keep it around $300
I will only be using it to air back up 35" tires but they may become 37"

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would go with the Viair i myself am looking at the constant duty cycle kit or the extreme duty that comes with two compressors seeing how i am filling 37's. The arb can fill tires but is not recommended to do so by their own tech department for longevity reasons it should be used for lockers mainly

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the ARB CKMA12 Compressor. I like it, it's not slow and I haven't ran into any duty cycle related problems yet. The ARB website shows pictures of people using them to fill their tires and their write up mentions the ability to air up tires several times, so I'm not sure where you got the idea that ARB recommends not using one for such activites.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have the ARB CKMA12 Compressor. I like it, it's not slow and I haven't ran into any duty cycle related problems yet. The ARB website shows pictures of people using them to fill their tires and their write up mentions the ability to air up tires several times, so I'm not sure where you got the idea that ARB recommends not using one for such activites.
That's based on their smaller compressor. They basically tell you that you can air up with them, but might as well go watch grass grow while you wait. Their heavy duty compressor is fine for airing up though (as you've experienced).

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
i run a co2 bottle. faster than all the compressors. and cheaper than a good one.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a Powertank that I ran before this and they do work great. I was just tired of the hassle of filling it before each run....when its out, its out. When its full, nothing comes close

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I just order a Viair 400C...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
And THIS is why air compressors suck (and those are 33's!)(imagine my 4 37's)

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
with the bottle I have it under 5 minutes for all four tires 37" 10psi-30

and power tanks suck, go to your local welding shop get a nice beverage grade co2 bottle. when it gets low drop off and grab another, 20lb bottle with 150psi regulator under $137 exchange for full bottle $12 will do over 20 tires, plus will power all air tools,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts