JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
when I used to race my S2000 they used something similar
AEM demo'd it the track one day by running a hose off an NSX's throttle body like a long CAI with the bypass in the middle and stuck the end into an aquarium full of water
It did it's job and bypassed when needed.

BUT I don't see where it would help in a jeep.
The intake is so high and intake track is so short that if you get your CAI filter under water, then the bypass will be too.

Works great on cars where the intake was in the front bumper, kept it from drawing it up to the throttle body like a straw, but for the jeep, not much use.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sounds like we were in the same world Venom. I had an AEM CAI (a real one, not like the jeep, but actually went outside of the engine bay to avoid the hot air) and i always thought about a bypass valve but never did. Had several folks hydro lock their Tib going through deep puddles or going to fast

Filter is behind the fog, the bypass would have gone in behind the battery area.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
nice Tibby!
Here comes the hijack:bounce:
I used to play the gofast rice game, then it was the gofast pickup game with a supercharged harley ford truck makin 550HP.
I ended up having to import most of my stuff from Japan for the S2K.
Feels carbon splitters, Tein coilovers, etc. Comptech supercharger was domestic at least!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.