JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s the most aggressive MT that’s descent on the road? Looking for 37s to be mounted on DV8 beadlocks. I’m running 35” Super Swamper radials now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cooper STT Pros

Reactions: Rocki and akpostal

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Coopers do tend to handle road mileage.
I'll mention it - keep in mind the carcass is also a Cooper mold- the ProComp MT2 is always a runner in the MT/Streetable talks w/ it's 40k wrrnty

The Maxxus Razr MT is aggressive as is the Toyo which seems to never wear out on DDs if kinda heavy.

It's all in the compound...

:jeep2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ran a couple sets of TrXus M/Ts and was only getting about 25-30,000 miles from them. At 37", that's a big investment every couple years.

Saw Procomp was offering a 40K warranty. Thought I would never go back to Procomp. But figured my wallet could use a break and I would then return to something else. See if they can really get 40K.

I have been pleasantly surprised. Better on wet roads than I expected. They seem to be holding up too. Mud and sand are no problem. One thing that struck me was the distance between the tire treads. Huge gaps.

If I get 40K out of them, I will probably keep going with the Xtreme MT2. I just drove 1000 miles from Montana to Colorado and ride was smooth as silk. Hard pressed to remember a smoother trip.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Up here in the “land of the polite, where shit is covered in ice” all the truck club bro-dozers all run the toyo because they have a long tread life, and look aggressive. Most of those trucks never see anything more than a gravel road if that. I was happy with the tread life I got out of my KM2s. So much that I will be getting the KM3 come spring when a Canadian distributor can get a set of the 39-13.50x17s. If that fails then I will get Marcus to ship a set to the border and go from there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up here in the “land of the polite, where shit is covered in ice” all the truck club bro-dozers all run the toyo because they have a long tread life, and look aggressive. Most of those trucks never see anything more than a gravel road if that. I was happy with the tread life I got out of my KM2s. So much that I will be getting the KM3 come spring when a Canadian distributor can get a set of the 39-13.50x17s. If that fails then I will get Marcus to ship a set to the border and go from there.

Just an FYI-I’ve read several posts and reviews where the KM3s have been loosing chunks and even entire lugs from the tread. I was considering those, but not anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
+1 on the Cooper SST Pro's

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Pitbull Rocker radials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts