JKOwners Forum banner

do you have aftermarket amps in the jeep?

• i got amps!

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • no amps.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • bacon!

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • i spend my money elsewhere.

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in florida and get caught in the rain all the time. i have a jl audio 300.4 and 500.1 from a previous vehicle but i am hesitant to mount them anywhere in the jeep. i think i might downsize the watts/size of the amp in order to mount it somewhere that it wont get wet.

so the poll is to see how many of you have aftermarket amps.

feel free to post up where/how you mounted them and if you have had any issues.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
none in the jk, had them in every other jeep ive had, actully every other vehicle ive had. i wont have the money to do a audio system in the jk , ill be sticking with the stock amp and my pioneer D3

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm. have any pics of how you mounted it?

id like to keep my jl amps but im still sketchy about them getting wet. my ideal place to mount an amp or two would be up in the dash somewhere.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Look up Zapco amps.

Spend the money.. thank me later.

x2 I ran Zapco in the early 90's they were top shelf then and I here they are just as good today. Ran them with Toby speakers and an Alpine headunit, Clear as a bell and loud as hell.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm... i could stick with jl and still hid it in the dash!

those are the two amps i already have... merged into one mega mini amp!

·
Registered
438 Posts
im lookin for a good amp, i like the look of the jl audio but not sure how I would tie it in w/ my new head unit. its been a few years since I've shopped for a set of subs, lookin for two 10" round. Any suggestions????

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm with mikey, I'm getting a JL 900/5 in the next month and will be putting it in the dash where the stock ones go. I love digital amps

·
Registered
4 Posts
The JL Audio 900/5 or the Alpine PDX5 amps work great and will both fit in the factory location in the dash of oem infinity amp if you absolutely want it to. If at all possible I would mount it where it could get more air flow.:smokin:

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The JL Audio 900/5 or the Alpine PDX5 amps work great and will both fit in the factory location in the dash of oem infinity amp if you absolutely want it to. If at all possible I would mount it where it could get more air flow.:smokin:
i like that location because its more dry than any other location in my jeep.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i like that location because its more dry than any other location in my jeep.
Agreed . . plus these digital amps dont produce much heat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts