JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got a 4 door jk. I owned a 2003 rubicon prior and had to sell it when i got divorced. I got remarried, went to college and now I was finally able to get another Jeep. I got a 2011, Cosmic Blue Sport, its auto which is the only thing i dont care much for but otherwise im excited to get to build on something again. this is going to be a daily driver that I sadly wont get to take on many trails, but will definetely try and find some folks to run with again. I dont have any pics really, it was dark and raining by the time we got home with it, im sure you guys have seen enough cosmic blue by now anyhow. I really think im going to go with an "Urban" "zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle" theme. (my wife is really thrilled about that...)
My daughter is 5 and she loves it. Not hard to get in and out of for her really. She cant wait to take the top down, that blows her mind that you can do that and take the doors off. We actually test drove it with the top down, its was like 60 here yesterday! Im trying to figure out where to start really, a cb wont be handy right now, since i probably wont get to go on an official wheeling trip for a bit, roll cage could be nice safety is always a good thing, those G.E.A.R seat covers are awesome and you can never have too many pockets... Not sure if tan will go with blue though...

Ill be honest, i havent kept up with all the jeep changes since i lost my 2003, so if i could post a few simple questions here?
1. "evap"- armor it?
2. What lift fits 33-35" tires without rubbing etc? The dealer had several 3" with 305's that looked about perfect for what i want to do. a budget boost would do just fine for now...
3. muffler location- an issue?
4. what size tire can i safely mount/fit to the stock tire carrier?
5. how forgiving are driveshaft angles with the unlimiteds? whats the point of no return?

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I finally got a 4 door jk. I owned a 2003 rubicon prior and had to sell it when i got divorced. I got remarried, went to college and now I was finally able to get another Jeep. I got a 2011, Cosmic Blue Sport, its auto which is the only thing i dont care much for but otherwise im excited to get to build on something again. this is going to be a daily driver that I sadly wont get to take on many trails, but will definetely try and find some folks to run with again. I dont have any pics really, it was dark and raining by the time we got home with it, im sure you guys have seen enough cosmic blue by now anyhow. I really think im going to go with an "Urban" "zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle" theme. (my wife is really thrilled about that...)
My daughter is 5 and she loves it. Not hard to get in and out of for her really. She cant wait to take the top down, that blows her mind that you can do that and take the doors off. We actually test drove it with the top down, its was like 60 here yesterday! Im trying to figure out where to start really, a cb wont be handy right now, since i probably wont get to go on an official wheeling trip for a bit, roll cage could be nice safety is always a good thing, those G.E.A.R seat covers are awesome and you can never have too many pockets... Not sure if tan will go with blue though...

Ill be honest, i havent kept up with all the jeep changes since i lost my 2003, so if i could post a few simple questions here?
1. "evap"- armor it?
2. What lift fits 33-35" tires without rubbing etc? The dealer had several 3" with 305's that looked about perfect for what i want to do. a budget boost would do just fine for now...
3. muffler location- an issue?
4. what size tire can i safely mount/fit to the stock tire carrier?
5. how forgiving are driveshaft angles with the unlimiteds? whats the point of no return?
1. Yes...the evap is in a pretty vulnerable place and the Jeep won't be happy if you rip it off. I run the PSC skid.
2. For 33's a budget boost, for 35's I'd recommend about a 2.5" lift like the ones from Rock Krawler or Teraflex.
3. An issue? No. Is it ugly? Yes. I'd move it.
4. Wouldn't mount bigger than a 33 IMO.
5. With a 2.5" lift or smaller, your driveline angles should be fine, just watch for torn boots.

:beer:

·
Registered
41 Posts
congrats on getting back into a jeep. I just bought me a wrangler last week. I was driving an 04 Grand Cherokee 4" lift, blah, blah , blah...

I love the stock wrangler way better. man this joker is a beast stock.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,831 Posts
your will love the Jeep in the stock form, but for tires and lifts.....if you want to keep the cost low and not planning on further mods, do a 2.5" budget boost and will be good to go for 33s or 35s. If you want to have a solid suspension, get the Rock Krawler or Teraflex 2.5" lift kit with full springs instead of pucks between the springs and body to lift it. Less moving parts in your suspension.

Definitely put an evap skid on (Prefer Poison Spyder or GenRight that just came out)....Woods (Jeepswag4x4) has a relocation kit as well that moves it from stock location to above the rear axle to prevent tapping it on the rocks.

Good luck and congrats!

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you are back in the saddle! Congrats on the new JK! :beer:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info guys. Im glad to be back, never thought the day would come.
how will 3.73's and 33's be with the 4spd auto?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not alot of cosmo blue around. Have to admit, it wasnt my top choice either. :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome to JKO!:bounce: You will hear alot of People say it sucks but I run 35's on the 3.73's and it's fine with me. I leave 5 minutes early and I'm never late to where I'm going:beer:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would think if they werent too heavy it would work for a while.
eh we'll see i guess...
my wife did OK a supercharger down the road. :]

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Congrats on the new JK. Looks like your questions have been answered.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts