JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the 3" lift with 4 flex arms and coils, and it went ok, but I have some issues.

The first is that the front axle had to be ratchet strapped over towards the driver side to get the track bar back in the holes, so the front end is now 1" to far to the driver side.

The other issue is the rear springs are really bowed. I set the rear adjustable arms 1/8" longer than stock to get the pinion facing up. Its at 10 degrees with the angle finder on the bottom of the diff housing.

So, I guess I need to buy an adjustable track bar now to fix the problem the lift created? Or are there some brackets out there to fix this?
And the bow in the springs? I can shorten the upper CA's to tilt the axle down, but I'm worried about the angle that puts on the driveshaft.

Thanks in adavnce!

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
So I installed the 3" lift with 4 flex arms and coils, and it went ok, but I have some issues.

The first is that the front axle had to be ratchet strapped over towards the driver side to get the track bar back in the holes, so the front end is now 1" to far to the driver side.

The other issue is the rear springs are really bowed. I set the rear adjustable arms 1/8" longer than stock to get the pinion facing up. Its at 10 degrees with the angle finder on the bottom of the diff housing.

So, I guess I need to buy an adjustable track bar now to fix the problem the lift created? Or are there some brackets out there to fix this?
And the bow in the springs? I can shorten the upper CA's to tilt the axle down, but I'm worried about the angle that puts on the driveshaft.

Thanks in adavnce!
Yeah....Adj the track bar!

Jason

·
Registered
204 Posts
for your front axle go with a adjustable track bar(JKS 0 to 6 in of lift is very hi quality for the price)and if you do not have it get one for the rear too,if you measure carefully with the teraflex drop bracket your rear axle is not centered,plus most likely at full compression your shock is gonna hit the drop bracket.
about your pinion angle,get yourself a pair of correction wedges from POLY,they go on the perches and the springs,now to keep the springs from moving on the wedges lock them with the teraflex spring retainer and you shuold be fine with your bowing issue.
remember your pinion angle should be parallel to your drive shaft(if using CV style driveshafts) if you are using your stock shafts your angle suold be tha same as the output flange on your T-CASE,but if you want your stocker shaft to last little longer you can alleviate the angle at the pinion few degrees.
hope this help if you have any question let me know!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Teraflex's "Monter" track bars are outstanding, highly recommend them. I initially installed TF's 4" kit using 3" springs. They supplied a Monster front track bar with the kit and I was able to center the axle dead on the money. I later installed Poly's axle side track bar bracket and drag link flip to eliminate bump steer. Tera's frame side drop & drag link flip work well, too, but you can't use their control arm length specs with it. In the rear if you've used the TF track bar brace with the stock track bar, try using the lowest hole. That will center the axle and match the angle of the front bar & drag link. Also, in the rear unless you correct the spring bow with wedges or new perches the right rear spring will hit the track bar. A TF rear bar will eliminate the contact, but the wedges are worth the trouble.

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
I can't help you with the front axle being off center... Unless you have an adjustable track bar... Then just adjust it.

However, you don't need to use a ratchet strap to get the track bar bolt in the hole Just put the bolt in the frame side, then have a friend turn the steering wheel and the body will move left or right. Just have them turn the steering wheel till the hole lines up and you can put the bolt in.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, I bought the complete kit with 4 flex arms. Turing the wheel helped, but not enough for the track bar bolts to line up.

I extended the lower front arms to the length on teraflex's website and that was a joke. The front diff was facing down. I have since shortened the arms to get that castor at 7 degrees.

It upsets me that after dropping 1600 on a kit, I still have to spend more money to align the thing.

To clarify (yellow rubicon) I can drop the front of the rear pinion down to match the output on the T-case if I am using the stock driveshaft? From what I've read, which might be wrong, I want the driveshaft and the pinion to be at the same angle. If I can drop it down, the spring situation would be better.

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Wow, turning the wheel with the tires on the ground should move that thing 4 or 5"! I don't know wtf is going on with that rig but something isn't right.

For the rear I'd rather have 0 degrees on the rear joint of the ds and bowed springs than the other way around... But that's just me...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know what, I forgot to put the tires on the ground for the TB trick. Stupid me.

Will the wedges work with the teraflex washer spring retainer? Looks like it will, but any proof?

Also looking at the rugged ridge front tb, 80 bucks cheaper then the jks.. Either that one or the poly TB, since I have to get the wedges anyways....

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
You know what, I forgot to put the tires on the ground for the TB trick. Stupid me.

Will the wedges work with the teraflex washer spring retainer? Looks like it will, but any proof?

Also looking at the rugged ridge front tb, 80 bucks cheaper then the jks.. Either that one or the poly TB, since I have to get the wedges anyways....
They work with the currie... Don't know about the tf... I'd assume so hough.

·
Vendor
2,326 Posts
If you wanting to keep everything TF than I would recomend the Monster Trackbar from them! It is, well, a MONTSER!

If your looking to get everything all at once, look at Poly. They have the trackbar and any mount that you could imagine!

-Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts