1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Sounds good. But I'd be curious what a dyno says... I know that's hearsay...but what it says on the box or in print has never been true..unless its a diesel.

The intake alone will make it sound different...and sense its a new VVT...it will sound bad ass.. But the actual gains might shock you. And not in a good way.

I'd believe the tuner would be the best bet for a possible hp/trq gain. I'm sure you saw lots of manufactures that are working on the 2012+ applications.

Your lucky, you got to go to SEMA. I envy you..lol :beer:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yup I saw the same black jku in there booth, but if you would ask questions like my bf did. What are the gains? Um well blah blah %. Do you have data specs of the gains? Um no. can you show me your numbers on paper? I dont have em here. Seriously were @ SEMA . My opinion an my bf opnion its to early in the game, be patient an wait till we all see what the others have. Im not knocking AFE they make some good products , but I want facts an I dont see any at this moment....

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
The AFE intakes are not yet available nor have they put those 3 parts together and put on a dyno. I have their Y pipe and exhaust on my 2012. It's "OK." i put the Y pipe on to get that crossover out the way. The high clearance exhaust deleted the resignator and comes with an exhaust can half the size of the stock one. Fitment is also OK.

However, I want a deeper sound that it has now. remind me of my 350Z at about the same pitch as the exhaust I had on that. Some will love it, some will hate it.

If you are in the Denver metro area and want to hear what it sounds like, lmk. I'm in Aurora.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
The AFE intakes are not yet available nor have they put those 3 parts together and put on a dyno. I have their Y pipe and exhaust on my 2012. It's "OK." i put the Y pipe on to get that crossover out the way. The high clearance exhaust deleted the resignator and comes with an exhaust can half the size of the stock one. Fitment is also OK.

However, I want a deeper sound that it has now. remind me of my 350Z at about the same pitch as the exhaust I had on that. Some will love it, some will hate it.

If you are in the Denver metro area and want to hear what it sounds like, lmk. I'm in Aurora.
their y pipe eliminates the exhaust loop on the '12s right?

·
Registered
77 Posts
their y pipe eliminates the exhaust loop on the '12s right?
It does not... Someone on this site posted up pics of it before they did their install.
Here is a couple of pics of the y-pipe installed on my 2012 JKU Rubicon.
Auto part Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Auto part Vehicle Bumper Exhaust system Suspension

It has been relocated to the other side of the crossmember and is no longer in the way of the front driveshaft. It is also now protected because it is under the factory skid plate. It doesn't do anything for the exhaust loop. You can still see the exhaust loop drooping down on the left side in the first pic.

·
Registered
195 Posts
that looks pretty cool I would still like some HP numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.