JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys 2 part question. first does any one have these wheels and what ur opinion on them.

and part 2 is, what size tire can i fit on my jku and keep the fenders and lift stock.

ADDED BONUS (short side story!!!!!!!!!!!)
i have enough $$$$ for new wheels and want them, and need new tires. not enough $$$ for lift or new fenders. thanks!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
hey guys 2 part question. first does any one have these wheels and what ur opinion on them.

and part 2 is, what size tire can i fit on my jku and keep the fenders and lift stock.

i have enough $$$$ for new wheels and want them, and need new tires. not enough $$$ for lift or new fenders. thanks!
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't have them but I am a fan of them.
I like your wheel choice. I am a fan of the AEV styled wheels. Are you staying with 16" or 17" wheels. What are the wheel width choices 9" or 10"

Is AEV only available in one offset or do they have another option ?

These questions all relate to the tire you will choose.

Wheels and Tires make an immediate transformation. But it's just ONE WAY to go. Not a bad way at all.

You can get a 33" tire like 285/70/17 (32.7") with no issues. You can go taller with minor modifications found on this site.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rims are 17 by 9 i believe.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
the rims are 17 by 9 i believe.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am also running 17x9 . I am running a 285x70x17 . You CAN run this size with NO issue on stock suspension.

If you go larger than that you will have to make modifications (minor in some cases) !!!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Im a huge fan of the Savagre's in the argent finish. Im tired of seeing black wheels on Jeeps, just my opinion. Im currently running ga 3.5" AEV premium lift with 35" KM2s on stock rubicon rims with 1.5" spacers. Im happy with my current setup, but cant really settle on a set of rims I like better. If I were going to change them tomorrow, I would go with these or a set of Classic IIs. I would lean towards these more if they came with a street lock on them I think even though I dont know if I would get street locks.

This is a great looking rim on a JK and AEV is top notch in backing up thier products, no question. Customer service is second only to Tom Woods IMO. :beer:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have them. It was love at first sight. That said, I've taken a few nicks out of them on the trail which made me a sad panda. I just rattle canned them with AEV's paint and they look new again. I'm running 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I don't have that wheel but I have been running AEV wheels for years. Good quality stuff from a top notch company.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Don't have them yet but they are currently at the top of my list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts