JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the last things I need to purchase to wrap up my build till the $$$ for the supercharger is in hand in my front bumper. I have always had a thing for rthe AEV because of how smooth it is and the flow of it is perfect. Then I came across the HIGHROCK w/ the attched grille tube which seems pretty sweet also and a little more rugged. Then HIGHROCK is less than half the cost which is always a bonus since that puts me $600 closer to the charger and I dont feel that Iam sacrificing anything as far as looks. If anyone has an opinion,comment,experiance,or just any input at all on these PLEASE chime in and let me know whats the deal.........THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR THE HELP..Thank god I dont need to pay a consultant fee for every idea you guys have helped me decide. Jeep wouldnt be aable to be built:beer:
Oh and the one down side also to the HIGHROCK is that I dont have a place for the factory fogs and that is one thing that I do really like about the AEV. Also I have purchased AEV products in the past and been happy and I have never once owned anything oF HIGHROCKS so their quality of products is totally unknown to me...

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AEV looks 100% better if you are in the market for a full width bumper.
I agree I do love the AEV completely. I was just trying to save some $$$$ on anything that was non performance related so I couls get the RIPP SC a little faster. The AEV does make that front end though I will agree. So are you saying the HIGHROCK is not a full width bumper?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've had one of those highrock bumpers in the shop for something like a year or more....during that time I've sold several AEV bumpers. They look FAR better in my opinion; the Highrock one is a big, imposing piece while the AEV blends with the body lines much better.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I went through the same delima as I searched for my front bumper and would like to throw and option in the mix....if you are looking for a full width bumper have you considered ARB? It follows the JK line perfectly and its a lot less expensive than the AEV:shaking: HOWEVER, I'm looking at selling it and having Mitchell (AZ Bulldog) custom make me a new one!;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Look at the RockHard full width bumper. Everytime I've parked it next to an AEV or ARb the comments are pretty universal that it is better looking than either. It's priced at 799 which is less than either and it's a very easy install.

One thig to consider with the AEV, if you are not going to install it yourself, is the cost of install. When I ws looking at the ARB several shops quoted me 8 hours to install!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Look at the RockHard full width bumper. Everytime I've parked it next to an AEV or ARb the comments are pretty universal that it is better looking than either. It's priced at 799 which is less than either and it's a very easy install.
Not bad specially for the price...
http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/images/JK-FULL-FRONT/DSC09019.JPG
Does it give you the flexibility of adding additional lights?

One thig to consider with the AEV, if you are not going to install it yourself, is the cost of install. When I ws looking at the ARB several shops quoted me 8 hours to install!
:shaking::shaking: Me and my 9 year old installed the ARB in one afternoon (4 hours to include breaks) with limited skills and tools:laughing:

·
Registered
404 Posts
ive had one of the highrock front bumper for about a year, it is now on my wifes 07 2dr because we really dont wheel it much,. i like the way it looks for a full width, but it was NOT built for someone that wheels hard, on our trail rig i bent both sides in fairly badly hitting trees on tight trails and bent the top of it during some hard winch puls. so for a lite wheeler or street rig it would be fine

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks bro that bumper is pretty sick..Never even see it b4

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
went with the ARB instead and couldnt be happier. Gonna try and install it next week and hopfully it wont be too much of a pain in the *** but we will see. Pics of the first stage of the build will be totally complete and Stage II consisting of the Ripp Supercharger,37.13.50's on 20" Rockstars and the AEV Hood will be done right around the 4th of JULY. Then I will hav e something to celebrate.........

·
Registered
883 Posts
went with the ARB instead and couldnt be happier. Gonna try and install it next week and hopfully it wont be too much of a pain in the *** but we will see. Pics of the first stage of the build will be totally complete and Stage II consisting of the Ripp Supercharger,37.13.50's on 20" Rockstars and the AEV Hood will be done right around the 4th of JULY. Then I will hav e something to celebrate.........
Good choice:D ...install isn't to bad as long as you follow the intructions. The pre-installation set up for the lights took most of the time. BTW: Good choice on the rims also;) Can't wait to see some pics.

·
Registered
85 Posts
DANG! What a bunch of HighRock haters!!! :thefinger:

I have the HighRock and for the $ I saved over the AEV I got a complete suspension lift and front upper adj. control arms. It's plenty stout and as far as looks go I get nothing but complimets on it from people who aren't involved in these "boards". It's funny how much these boards sway people's decisions....the "other" board is a PERFECT example of that.

Anyhow, I do like the ARB best. BUT, it's still $300+over my HighRock.

·
Banned
80 Posts
I just purchased an ARB myself. Good tast brother!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.