JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jeep is a 2011 4 rd Rubi. 4""lift. I'm done building it up for now, the 35""s go on soon. My question is the instruction to these say you need 7-8 inches from the frame to the spring perch, I have 6".
To those that have these what was your measurement,and what size lift do you have. And can I still use with these?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I had 2.5" coil spacers and I believe I was 1.5" short of spec and didn't have any issues for about 10,000 miles. I've upped the lift with full springs and it's still doing fine.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would check your measurements. AEV's control arm relocation brackets are designed for their 3.5" and 4.5" suspensions (though there are different mounting holes for the different heights.) If you actually have 4" of lift your Jeep will fall squarely in the middle of the range.

Or maybe re-read the directions to see if maybe you aren't looking at the recomended range for the mounting holes intended for the 4.5" AEV suspension rather than for the 3.5" suspension.

If the measurement is correct and you're reading the directions correclt, you are out of the recommended range, but a set of 1" or so spacers will get you there.

JPK

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have a 3" BDS lift and my measurement was 5.75".

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is their instruction say, if you do not have a AEV lift you need 7-8 inches between the frame & coil perch. My lift is NOT a AEV lift. And I realy do not want to add spacers.
How important is that one inch?
I can't see their 3.5 lift getting that 7"-8" I have 6'' with a 4'' lift.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
My jeep is a 2011 4 rd Rubi. 4""lift. I'm done building it up for now, the 35""s go on soon. My question is the instruction to these say you need 7-8 inches from the frame to the spring perch, I have 6".
To those that have these what was your measurement,and what size lift do you have. And can I still use with these?
i ran the brackets with my rubi franken lift and it worked fine even at about 2" too short. Then when i went to RK 2.5" i actually had to run it in their 4.5" hole.

if i were to do it again I'd just buy some good LCA's and call it a day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you explain to me as to why you HAD to use the 4.5 hole with a 2.5 lift .Did you have 7-8 inches from the frame & perch?

Sorry to drag this out. I'm just trying to understand things.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Can you explain to me as to why you HAD to use the 4.5 hole with a 2.5 lift .Did you have 7-8 inches from the frame & perch?

sure, when i ran the initial bastard lift (4 door rubi springs with a 1" spacer up front) i was a good 2" short of their measurement to the frame. I put these on to fix the flighty steering and ran them in the 3.5" lift hole and they worked fine.

When i upgraded and went to a RK 2.5" lift i left all the arms as they were but when i drove it the steering was flighty again. I moved the uppers to the 4.5" location and it helped. It still wasn't perfect but it helped. I never measured with the 2.5" springs (i netted more than that) but i wasn't anywhere near an aev 4.5" spring height.

After that i went to RK front arms (and coilovers) and the arms made a huge difference. That's why i said to do it again i would just buy front LCA's.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts

As mentioned I also ran "not enough lift" with these brackets and had no issues.

Sent via paper airplane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts