JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I didn't screw up by ordering my Aeroforce gauge with a 5' cable. Mounting it in an sPod. Will the cable be too short? If so, what's the best way to deal with this, a frickin' 9' cable, or can I just splice in a few more inches of wire?

·
Registered
830 Posts
5" isn't going to cut it, you have to run the wire along the windshield trim down the A pillar and to the OBDII port. I'd suggest calling Aeroforce to see if they can get you a longer cable or some kind of an extension.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Get the 9' cable and leave the rest under the dash ziptied out of the way.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crap......

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I manged to install the sPod yesterday and sure enough the Aeroforce 5' cable is about 4" too long. Ordered their 9' cable, whch the site says is $8 plus shipping. They came back and wanted $30, plus $8 shipping. It's only $8 if you add it to the first order. I wasn't very happy about all this and they backed off & sent it at the listed price. Now I have to find a way to stuff that extra cable so it doesn't rattle.

Meanwhile, the sPod was a bit of a disappointment in that both the pos & neg cables are about 12" too long, as is the switch pack cable to the circuit board. One would thing they'd make the kit a bit more JK - specific in that regard. Pretty easy install otherwise.

The sPod is just going to lead to more gizmos..I can feel it...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Spod leaves a little bit extra cable because different people will route the cables differently to the battery. With all the do-dads you can mount under the JK/JKU/JKUR hoods, that 12" of extra cable may come in handy. As an example, I have a Teraflex vacuum pump re-location bracket that mounts to the drivers side fender and master brake cylinder that takes a little bit more room for the Spod cables.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, I manged to install the sPod yesterday and sure enough the Aeroforce 5' cable is about 4" too long. Ordered their 9' cable...
If a 5 foot cable is 4 inches too long why do you need the 9 foot cable? I am looking into ordering one for my s-pod. Can you please clarify? Thanks!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
im sure he meant too short. I used the 9 foot and just coiled/ziptied the remainder and tied that to a harness no rattles.

I can't say a bad thing about either. It was hard to bite the bullet on the Spod, but 5 accessories later, im glad i did it. only 1 switch left...going to be sad when i run out of spaces.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts