JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to installing my Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge. This thing is nice and allows you so monitor something like 100 plus operating parameters of the engine, transmission, ABS and ESP systems, etc.

I think the installation is pretty self explanatory with these pictures. I started with a single gauge pod from GlowShift (found the best price including shipping on eBay). I cut the mounting bracket off the side of the pod so it was just basically a cup. I then cut it down just about in half.

I then removed the upper A pillar trim piece by removing the sun visor and the single push fastener. I then positioned the pod into the corner of the trim piece and drilled a hole through the trim and the pod and bolted the pod to the trim piece with a bolt and nylon lock nut. I then drilled a hole to line up with the wiring hole already in the pod.

I then ran the cable from the ODBC connector under the dash up through the lower A pillar trim piece and into the pod. Then just reinstall the trim piece and the sun visor. Connect the cable to the gauge and press fit the gauge into the pod. I added a couple wraps of black plastic electrical tape around the gauge body to make it a really snug fit. Then just push the gauge into the pod (which will force the pod back into its proper round shape).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...what all can you monitor with that single gauge?...
From the Aeroforce website this is a partial list:

RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
Fuel Temperature
Battery Voltage
Battery Temp
Injector Pulse Width in msec.
Injector Duty Cycle (%)
Air Flow Rate into engine
Long Term Fuel Trim
Short Term Fuel Trim
O2 Sensor Voltage
Barometric Pressure
Ignition Advance
Base Spark
PCM Spark Adjust
Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle (%)
Knock Retard
Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Sensor Raw Volts
Calculated Net Horsepower
Engine Load
Transmission Slip
Current Transmission Gear
Torque Delivered to Transmission
Torque Converter lockup status
Brake pressure
Brake Booster Travel
Steering Angle
Non-driven Wheel Speed
Lateral G's
Yaw
Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
P-ratio - pressure ratio MAP/Barometer
2 user configurable analog inputs**

** 0-5v inputs can be configured to read the outputs from MAP sensors, Air/Fuel ratio kits, pressure or temperature sensors, etc. Raw voltage can be displayed or a conversion can be entered to read proper units.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
From the Aeroforce website this is a partial list:

RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
Fuel Temperature
Battery Voltage
Battery Temp
Injector Pulse Width in msec.
Injector Duty Cycle (%)
Air Flow Rate into engine
Long Term Fuel Trim
Short Term Fuel Trim
O2 Sensor Voltage
Barometric Pressure
Ignition Advance
Base Spark
PCM Spark Adjust
Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle (%)
Knock Retard
Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Sensor Raw Volts
Calculated Net Horsepower
Engine Load
Transmission Slip
Current Transmission Gear
Torque Delivered to Transmission
Torque Converter lockup status
Brake pressure
Brake Booster Travel
Steering Angle
Non-driven Wheel Speed
Lateral G's
Yaw
Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
P-ratio - pressure ratio MAP/Barometer
2 user configurable analog inputs**

** 0-5v inputs can be configured to read the outputs from MAP sensors, Air/Fuel ratio kits, pressure or temperature sensors, etc. Raw voltage can be displayed or a conversion can be entered to read proper units.
Holy crap thats bad as$

what website did you order it from? I know I can google it I just figured you might have found a good deal somewhere

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what website did you order it from? I know I can google it I just figured you might have found a good deal somewhere
I ordered it directly from Aeroforce ( http://www.aeroforcetech.com ). There were a couple sites selling it for like 10 bucks off but for such a small amount I decided to give them my business directly so they would make more profit. Just be sure to get the correct one. You need a CNC series gauge for the JK. I got a CNC 201 single gauge, black face, black trim with white display but they have several colors.

They have a great technical forum on their site too.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I ordered it directly from Aeroforce ( http://www.aeroforcetech.com ). There were a couple sites selling it for like 10 bucks off but for such a small amount I decided to give them my business directly so they would make more profit. Just be sure to get the correct one. You need a CNC series gauge for the JK. I got a CNC 201 single gauge, black face, black trim with white display but they have several colors.

They have a great technical forum on their site too.
Thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah, you can turn the esp off with it, i've done it, but I think it turns your abs off too, dont' know if that matters to you. I was also hoping I'd be able to turn my coolant fan on when ever I wanted to, as it gives you that option in the menu. I wanted that so I could cool my tranny down when creeping along on the trail. I found that it only works when the engine isn't running, but the key is on, which ofcourse wont circulate the tranny fluid then. But I really like over all, its definately worth the money. Wish I woulda got the green and black display though, I think it would matched the dash lights better.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
yeah, you can turn the esp off with it, i've done it, but I think it turns your abs off too, dont' know if that matters to you. I was also hoping I'd be able to turn my coolant fan on when ever I wanted to, as it gives you that option in the menu. I wanted that so I could cool my tranny down when creeping along on the trail. I found that it only works when the engine isn't running, but the key is on, which ofcourse wont circulate the tranny fluid then. But I really like over all, its definately worth the money. Wish I woulda got the green and black display though, I think it would matched the dash lights better.
Turning the abs off will be ok I would only use it off road. I told my wife it would be a good Christmas gift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.