JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://aeroforcetech.com/index.html

I check this website once every couple of months, looks like these folks have finally included the JK. This is a great alternative to the ScanGauge II.
Among the regular stuff are some that are quite unique:

Trans temp
TCC slip
Engine load%

ESP parameters
steering angle
yaw
lateral g
logitudinal g

I poked around a bit more and supposedly it will completely disable the ESP.

It also has two analog inputs that can be configured to whatever you like.
There are also several sensors they sell that will work with the analog inputs:
Oil pressure
Fuel pressure
Boost sensor
Vacuum Sensor
Air temp
Fluid temp

You can also get dual guages that piggyback.

Not bad for a base price of 239.00. Dual setup is 399.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Great find! Looking forward to getting info. Based on the company boards they didn't even intend on the Jeep application:) I wonder if this would cause any issues if you ran it with a programer? Also would like to see the posibilities on mounting points in the JK. If anyone has done this mod please provide some feedback and pix:bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done a gauge install (but not the Interceptor), I mounted 3 above the mirror in cups.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'll get a few up tonight.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gauge pics

OK, gauge pics as promised. I used Autometer electric 2 1/16 gauges.

First, here's the oil pressure sending unit w/custom brass bracket. It's tucked right next to the snorkle. I used a braided steel line from the adapter plate to the sender.

Another shot of the sender and bracket.

Here's the adapter plate, it mounts between the block and filter. It also has four ports.

Here's the water temp adapter inline with the heater hose. Coolant flows through the heater core all the time, this hose is the top one which is the "from the block to the core" hose.

Another shot of the water temp adapter.

Here's the gauges, drivers view, mounted above the mirror in Autometer cups. This was a PITA to do, I'm thinking of mounting them in an enclosure on top of the centerstack.

·
Registered
51 Posts
http://aeroforcetech.com/index.html

I check this website once every couple of months, looks like these folks have finally included the JK. This is a great alternative to the ScanGauge II.
Among the regular stuff are some that are quite unique:

Trans temp
TCC slip
Engine load%

ESP parameters
steering angle
yaw
lateral g
logitudinal g

I poked around a bit more and supposedly it will completely disable the ESP.

It also has two analog inputs that can be configured to whatever you like.
There are also several sensors they sell that will work with the analog inputs:
Oil pressure
Fuel pressure
Boost sensor
Vacuum Sensor
Air temp
Fluid temp

You can also get dual guages that piggyback.

Not bad for a base price of 239.00. Dual setup is 399.
I'd be interested to know what it would really show on our Jeeps. The Scangage II will supposedly show a lot of those things if your vehicle runs them through the CAN Bus plug but those things aren't ran through the CAN Bus. From the Aeroforcetach web site it says:

"Not all are supported by every vehicle, so there is no guarantee that the Interceptor will display all of these on your particular car or truck."

I'd want a list of what it shows before I dropped $300 dollars for it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be interested to know what it would really show on our Jeeps. The Scangage II will supposedly show a lot of those things if your vehicle runs them through the CAN Bus plug but those things aren't ran through the CAN Bus. From the Aeroforcetach web site it says:

"Not all are supported by every vehicle, so there is no guarantee that the Interceptor will display all of these on your particular car or truck."

I'd want a list of what it shows before I dropped $300 dollars for it.
Those specific parameters I listed above do show on this gauge, this is confirmed by the forum on Aeroforce by the designer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Those specific parameters I listed above do show on this gauge, this is confirmed by the forum on Aeroforce by the designer.
That's cool, I've always wanted to see the oil pressure and the trans temp and wished my scangage showed them. I just assumed that they weren't ran thru the CAN Bus.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's cool, I've always wanted to see the oil pressure and the trans temp and wished my scangage showed them. I just assumed that they weren't ran thru the CAN Bus.
There is no oil pressure with this gauge unless you buy and install their oil pressure sending unit. Our stock sensor is a switch, not a pressure sensing unit. That's why there's no pressure showing up on this gauge or the scangauge II via the CANBUS.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Just ordered mine tonight, can't wait till it gets here. I ordered mine with the white screen, black bezel and black face. I was gonna go with the green dispaly to match the other dash lights, but I figured the white would be easier to read. Just to double check, I wanted to order the "cnc" gauge, right?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just ordered mine tonight, can't wait till it gets here. I ordered mine with the white screen, black bezel and black face. I was gonna go with the green dispaly to match the other dash lights, but I figured the white would be easier to read. Just to double check, I wanted to order the "cnc" gauge, right?
Cool! From the info I read on the website, the CNC gauge series is the one to get.

·
Registered
783 Posts
just got mine last night. I love that thing! It'll even show you mpg if you don't have the factory trip computer. I just have it sitting on top of my console right now, I'm waiting for my gauge mount to come in the mail. I thought I'd be able to find something locally around here, but none of the major parts stores stock anything. I even tryed disableing my ESP and it worked like a charm! Only bummer is I can't manually activate my radiator fan, but it does warn you in the instructions that some chrysler vehicles may not allow that.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just got mine last night. I love that thing! It'll even show you mpg if you don't have the factory trip computer. I just have it sitting on top of my console right now, I'm waiting for my gauge mount to come in the mail. I thought I'd be able to find something locally around here, but none of the major parts stores stock anything. I even tryed disableing my ESP and it worked like a charm! Only bummer is I can't manually activate my radiator fan, but it does warn you in the instructions that some chrysler vehicles may not allow that.
Once you get used to it can you please make a list of everything it does?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'll try and make a list for you once I get it mounted and have a chance to play with it. My gauge pod came tonight, but I can't mount it. I guess its supposed to come with a rubber ring you use to hold the gauge fast inside the pod. Mine didn't have this with it. I emailed them about sending me one. I might just try and find a rubber 0-ring at work that will work though.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Does this work if you've programmed the computer with a Hypertech Max Energy?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does this work if you've programmed the computer with a Hypertech Max Energy?
Good point...I'm also curious to find out if it would work if you've re-cal'ed your computer with the Pro Comp Accu Pro for just your speedo and odo.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Heres a couple pics of mine. Went with the black bezel and face and the white/black screen. Mounted it in a pod from Glowshift.com and screwed it fast with a longer screw in the sunvisor mount. I havn't had a chance to play with it to much to get you guys a list of what all it will read on our JK's yet.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts