JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got a set of rigid D2's with the BDF brackets for the fog lights( very excited about this) and a set of rigid D1's for the A-pillar but I got the flood beam... Should I have gotten a different beam pattern for the a pillar location? I'm a little worried about with glare off the hood now after reading some more.... Will I be ok with the lights there?

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's not bad. I have my jack across the hood and I painted it black to cut down reflections. I have different brackets that keep mine low and towards the side and that helps cut glare also. Old pic.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I understand your concern; I had the same thoughts when I got my KCs windshield mounted spot lights back in the day.

There is glare with both patterns. What makes it worse is the color of your hood. Mines yellow so 'tis as bad as it gets.

Here are my thoughts... I use the lights all the time driving through the west well, when there are no cars coming from the other direction. The spot lights are pretty much worthless in a stationary mounting. Floods are the better choice for driving lights.

If you could move the spot lights then it would be something. Short of the cop style through the cap mounted swivel system moving your spot lights going down the road does not happen. Even stopped one would want to move the spot lights due to the small coverage area.

They light up a small area very intensely versus a larger pattern with floods. I use them to light up the sides of the road for deer or other large mammals that tend to jump out in front of you. In this situation you want a large area illuminated, gives you more time to react.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts