JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm currently running 2.5" Teraflex springs with 1" spacers (all around) and noticing a good degree of sag on the rear on my JKU. My jeep is currently being built as an overland rig - custom cabinet with fridge and slider, full armor, metal bumpers, sliders, titan tank (12 gallons), rhino rack. My lift also includes full Currie control arms, and all the necessary bits like exhaust spacers (so far, so good), rear swaybar bracket, etc.

My question to y'all - I need to upgrade my springs and believe that overland springs are ideal for my situation. What would you recommend for overland springs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you continue to run the current springs while you build it? It may be beneficial to get the Jeep outfitted like you want then have it weighed. By knowing how much weight is on the front axle and how much is on the rear, people that know springs would be better able to advise you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am still running the springs. Any suggestions on where to get the jeep weighed? I live in SoCal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know much about CA so hopefully others may be of more help. I would call some truck stops with scales and see if they can help. Ideally, you want to measure the front and rear separately to know your weight distribution. Trash dumps and scrap metal places also have scales sometimes. If you're really lucky, you can get a commercial vehicle enforcement officer to weigh it for you. That's what I did, but it is a friend of mine, so I cheated. He used portable scales under each wheel and weighed my boat too.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
With what you are looking to do I would review @Grecy build. He is the one doing the overland in Africa right now. Pretty sweet build too with the same type of gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts