JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my dilema. I have a pretty much bone stock JKU Sport. First time Jeep owner. I just won a $500 visa gift card through my work. I want to start putting some $$$ into the rig, but don't know where to start.

End product is a 3.5-4 inch lift with 35's. Sleeved and gussetted, snorkel and exhaust, lockers. I think that is it for performance mods (I know I know, it never ends), go bag with all essential Zombie Apocolypse survival equipment, large caliber rifles, tactical shotty for CQC, pistols for the personal stuff...........ect, ect, ect. Sorry. Got a little carried away.

Ok back on track. Need some help with the starting point for the Jeep. Advice?

·
Registered
262 Posts
500 wont go very far when it comes to wheels, tires, lifts....how about investing in some recovery gear and armor?

:dunno:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
500 wont go very far when it comes to wheels, tires, lifts....how about investing in some recovery gear and armour?

:dunno:
Good point.

Lights are a possibility.

Maybe a set of take-off Rubi rails.

You could do a snorkel for under $500, but I'm not sure you wanna rock a snorkel on an otherwise bone-stock rig.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
You could get a 2" spacer lift, that would be aroun 100 and would level your Jeep out. And then maybe some lights.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Get a tow strap, a fire extinguisher with a vehicle mount, a CB radio setup and a leveling kit.

Hook up with some experienced Jeepers and start having some fun while you plan your next mods!

:beer:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Dude, 500 will get you the Rock Krawler stock mod kit. Do that, then save for 35s. Following that, armor, skids, rockers etc etc. Thats what I would do....then save for a regear/lockers/driveshafts etc.

I know people recommend armoring up before the tires/lift but thats a hard things to do

·
Registered
228 Posts
recovery gear and lights
since $500 won't cover a winch, get a 48" Hi-Lift jack and 3 pieces of chain 1x10-15ft, 1x4-5ft and 1x1-2 ft, the last 2 with grab hooks. Then youtube for "winching with hi-lift".

·
Registered
384 Posts
Since you dont have enough for a lift and if you offroad might as well get some armor for underneath your jeep, otherwise youll be fixing whatever you broke with that $500.
-Dan

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
I would consider which is more important in deciding where to spend the money, I was in a similar dilemma, I opted to go with bumpers, skid and winch before the lift. Obviously $500 won't get all that but you can get a nice bumper for that plus some money for lights or a gear bag. Hit up Jason at Krawl Offrad he will work with you with what ever you need.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice guys! Think I'm leaning towards rails and a BB after reading your responses and just receiving a call from a fellow JKOwner. He know where I can get a set of Rubi take-offs for a fair price (THANKS CHRIS!!!)
And yes, I do need to get out on the trails. My biggest setback so far has been the crap SR-A's that I have :mad: Why does Jeep even have a street radial on a Wrangler :confused: dunno.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Winch.... Evo 1/4 pounder front bumper.... Bushwacker flats? 500 $1 bills? You hve options!

Sent via horse and buggy

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have a bb and some shocks i just took off that i would let go for cheap

hit me with a pm if ur interested

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
If you have 17" wheels, you might luck into a set of Rubi take-off tires, too. Might be a stretch, but if you find some with a few miles you might get the tires and the rails for $500.
He has the Moab wheels already with the Goodyear SR-A's. I'm getting him taken care of on the take off tires through another JKO member so he can at least have decent Offroad tires. :beer:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Since you dont have enough for a lift and if you offroad might as well get some armor for underneath your jeep, otherwise youll be fixing whatever you broke with that $500.
-Dan
Not true. I got my RK stock mod for 500. Great kit. And its an actual coil spring lift, made by the best in the industry with a lifetime warranty. What more could you ask for?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Get a tow strap, a fire extinguisher with a vehicle mount, a CB radio setup and a leveling kit.

Hook up with some experienced Jeepers and start having some fun while you plan your next mods!

:beer:
This.

Why would you want or need a snorkel in AZ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts