JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a pop up camper to pull behind the JK that is absolutely awesome.
It only weighs 1500 lbs empty. It's made of solid, welded aluminum and opens up to an incredible 16' x 24'. If you don't need the extra size, you can set it up to 16' by 16' a or just the single center section with a queen bed in the 8' x 16' size. it has a water tank, sink and stove. Sets up in under ten minutes. Three minutes for just the single two person size. Air ride independent suspension and a treg style hitch. Pulls like a dream behind the JK. Here is the link to their site. I will post more pics when we get it out on serious trail excursions. Up until now they were only available in Australia, but they now have a manufacturing facility here in the US in Montrose, Colorado. Here is a couple of links to their information. FYI, the camper they show in the test video is the one I bought from them....It's being pulled behind a Ford Raptor on a pretty intense test track, you have to see this to believe it.

Adrenalin Campers USA Goes Testing - YouTube
http://www.adrenalincampers.com/

You can also check out more pics on FaceBook and see some pics of My JK with it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adrenalin-Campers/278203392238835

[/ATTACH]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of it with my Can AM parked on top just for fun. The Can Am would be too top heavy to carry on it. a regular size ATV no problem....but you get the idea of how sturdy this thing is for camping or back country trail camping.
JK with Adrenalin and Comander.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Damn! they are beating on that Raptor and Trailer

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
$17,500 could get you a lot of tents.... And a Jeep to boot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Adrenalin at 10,000 ft. small.jpg
They actually start out at around 12k. Like anything else you can add stuff to it until the cows come home. We took a look at several of the pop ups capable of pulling behind the JK, and hauling the can am. Anywhere from 13k to 19k, and none were built to this level and none opened up to 16' x 24'.

We took it out over the weekend, found a nice meadow at 10,000 ft and rode and jeeped for two days. We love it.

It is by the way, manufactured in the US. In Montrose, Colorado about 180 miles from me. Entirely welded, and the basic model only weighs in at about 15,000 lbs.

The fully articulating tregg hitch is incredible for pulling it down trails, you don't feel hardly any pull from the trailer when crossing ruts or going through water bars over rocks etc. like you do with other trailers. No popping whipping and banging. The ten inch electric brakes are also great on the steeper stuff. The Firestone Ride Rite Air bag independent suspension is also real nice.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
:cwm13:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adrenaline spelled wrong, invisible yellow star(maybe?) And more than I paid for my JK new?

All adds up to nottafuckinchance.
I thought your invisible yellow star comment and the way they spelled Adrenalin was making reference to it being made in China. That's why I posted again it was made in the US. Somebody else pointed out to me what a yellow star means on this site.... No, I'm not the guy who built it nor do I have anything to do with them, and Adrenalin can be spelled both ways according to the dictionary,,,, No idea why they chose to spell it that way.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Sorry, I wouldn't pay $17K for that, not even $10k. It's a roof-top tent with the floor removed mounted to a box. Yea, the suspension is beefy to take that kind of abuse, but I don't anticipate ever pulling a trailer while competing in the Baja 500 or needing to escape a pack of mutant zombies tweaked-out on speed.

View attachment 53596

This cost me $500. I've already pulled it miles off-road on terrain not much different than the video above, though at much more reasonable speeds. I'll probably throw a grand or so into it on upgrades, including spring-over, shocks, bigger tires, and creature comforts.

I won't be able to fly over dunes at 80MPH dragging my pop-up, but I wouldn't do that even without the trailer. At night I can sleep on one bed, my daughter or son on the other, each with or without a companion, with room for all our food, clothing and gear stowed neatly inside.

·
Administrator
8,742 Posts
REALLY!!! I could have one just like that for $17000!?! I'm in!!

Wait, I just watched it again.. I was mistaken, it's $17500.00 I'm out. :(

meh. If I were the OP I would be showin that shit off too!! Definitely an ultra nice setup, but far out of the reach of most. Really far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's pretty amazing the dichotomy of the reception this camper is getting here vs in the reviews I have posted in other forums. I own one as well and signed up to chime in a bit. I have 2 kids and wanted a camper that could go just about anywhere that my truck would go as well as be fully featured enough to keep everyone comfortable. We looked at several other campers and honestly just about everything out there is complete junk. The (insert Brand) "Off Road" popups do not hold up to long term use and abuse. I think the overriding viewpoint of the american consumer these days is how Much and how Big can I get for my money and not much thought is given to durability, build quality and the ability to hold value. It really depends on what you want out of the camper. I wanted to be able to camp anywhere with my family staying comfortable. I have 26 nights in my Adrenalin so far and have not had anything break. I added a propane heater and can camp comfortably down into the 20s.

I think if more people saw the camper in person and were able to see the functionality and utility, opinions would be different.

Reviews with lots of photos and video.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/77391-My-New-American-Built-Adrenalin-Rush-Preview-and-Review

Copy/Paste review just with different discussion.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/586770-new-american-built-adrenalin-off-road-camper.html

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's pretty amazing the dichotomy of the reception this camper is getting here vs in the reviews I have posted in other forums. I own one as well and signed up to chime in a bit. I have 2 kids and wanted a camper that could go just about anywhere that my truck would go as well as be fully featured enough to keep everyone comfortable. We looked at several other campers and honestly just about everything out there is complete junk. The (insert Brand) "Off Road" popups do not hold up to long term use and abuse. I think the overriding viewpoint of the american consumer these days is how Much and how Big can I get for my money and not much thought is given to durability, build quality and the ability to hold value. It really depends on what you want out of the camper. I wanted to be able to camp anywhere with my family staying comfortable. I have 26 nights in my Adrenalin so far and have not had anything break. I added a propane heater and can camp comfortably down into the 20s.

I think if more people saw the camper in person and were able to see the functionality and utility, opinions would be different.

Reviews with lots of photos and video.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/77391-My-New-American-Built-Adrenalin-Rush-Preview-and-Review

Copy/Paste review just with different discussion.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/586770-new-american-built-adrenalin-off-road-camper.html
Its 17k dude, most of us here are realistic. The trailier is sick, sure, but dudes on here built better ones for nothing compared to 17k. Ive been away from JKO for a while, and this thread is tame buy 2010 standards, just sayin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts