JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna order RK 2.5 progressive rate front springs today. My JK currently has a TF 2.5 BB on it but the stock coils are sagging after adding a Rock Hard front bumper and winch. I noticed the RK kit comes with an adjustable front track bar. Is the adj track bar needed with these springs? I'm just wanting to get the nose back up without adding spacers. Thanks.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
I just installed a 2.5" Max Travel on my JK yesterday. In my opinion you need the track bar, those front springs are tall.

Here's where I left off on mine yesterday:

If you're going to spend them money I would get the 2.5" Stock Mod and save yourself some shipping costs versus doing it spread out. I can set you up with a great deal on the kit, or the coils if that's all you want.

Marcus

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Gonna order RK 2.5 progressive rate front springs today. My JK currently has a TF 2.5 BB on it but the stock coils are sagging after adding a Rock Hard front bumper and winch. I noticed the RK kit comes with an adjustable front track bar. Is the adj track bar needed with these springs? I'm just wanting to get the nose back up without adding spacers. Thanks.
You'll need more then 2.5" springs if you want to get rid of the rake. I have TF 2.5" BB rear and 3.5" RK springs up front w/ factory trackbar, no problem.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll need more then 2.5" springs if you want to get rid of the rake. I have TF 2.5" BB rear and 3.5" RK springs up front w/ factory trackbar, no problem.

I thought about the 3.5's but dont mind a little rake. I talked to a tech rep at RK and he said the 2.5 progressive rate springs don't get hardly any sag with bumpers and a winch. Right now the factory springs are sagging to the point of almost touching the TF front bump stops. Man are those bump stops long.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Right now the factory springs are sagging to the point of almost touching the TF front bump stops. Man are those bump stops long.
Same problem I had. Wasn't bad when I first lifted it but the factory springs sagged pretty quick.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm right there with you, guys- same setup, same problem. I was going to order the RK 3.5 fronts and front track bar from RCO, but Marcus seemed to think they would be too tall. So I orrdered the 2.5's instead. Now you've got me wondering if the 3.5's will work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Marcus, is it too late to go back to the 3.5's?. I'm digging the stance of jtphoto JK's ride.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Sorry to hijack. I'm going with 3.5's.
Don't mine the hijack. I talked to Marcus yesterday. I'm sticking w the 2.5's. I was gonna order them today but got a speeding ticket from Indiana's finest. I was passing a dump truck that was slinging sh*t all over the hwy and got busted by Barney and his hair dryer. Love your avitar. I'm from Athens, GA and a huge Dawg fan. My job moved me here to this rain infested, cold, craphole. I've got two weeks off in July and can't wait to get back home to Georgia. The weather has been perfect in NE Georgia while all it does here is rain and stay cold seven months out of the year. I hope to leave this toilet of a state in the next two years and head back south.:smokin:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I lived in Athens for 3 years while attending UGA. South Georgia's home, but I still go up there several times a year. And I spent a week in Indianapolis a few years ago. It rained nonstop the entire time, and I was glad to get home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts