JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can hill start assist be added to 2007-08 manual trans jeeps?

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts

While I'm sure it is possible overall, the HillStart Assist feature was introduced
from the '09 models w/all trannys & newer.
The main question is what wiring harness connectors, fuse/TIPM/ECU differences would
you have to look for . If there aren't concessions for those it might be a bit more of a challenge than just "adding" it.

fwiw, I've not heard of anyone doing so a but anything can be achieved if the drive & funding is strong enough ...

I never use it on mine , not that it matters ...

:jeep2:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Call Summit Racing and order a line lock. We've been using line locks for decades on drag cars. It's a manual switch, but it does the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
@rzide I'm with Jeffery. I disabled that function with the steering wheel dance. It might be useful on truly steep trails. But the majority of the time it will be used while at a red light. It will wear your brakes down faster as well, something to think about.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was only looking due to my gf not knowing how to drive a manual. We were looking at a manual to buy, however, its no longer an issue. We've decided on an automatic.

Unfortunately I sold the jeep in my sig long ago, and were breaking back into the jk market. There goes my savings... :crying:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have found a new gf. :thefinger:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finding a new jeep was cheaper!!!! :beer::beer::beer:

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts

touché

I think everyone who drives should be able to use a manual transmission, no offense. It is not any harder than pedaling a bicycle while steering ...but, at least as far as a Jeep crawling off-road , the automatic will be preferable in the good rock :shitstorm:

:jeep2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts